Did you push the infamous Red Button?

We don’t know they’re perfectly healthy until after we’ve seen the scan. All we have to go on are symptoms, a doctor’s request and our own professional judgement. An abdominal CT, for example, carries about a one in ten thousand chance of causing some sort of cancer, so that’s it’s not an exam we perform lightly, and sometimes we turn up nothing. We evaluate all the evidence, weigh it against the risk involved and push the button (or not).

It’s an interesting moral decision. Bit more nuanced than our fictional button, but still worth thinking about.

1 Like

sweezely = Nurse Ratched

1 Like

I think a third option is needed “did you press the button but lie about not pressing it” XD For all the hidden sociopaths

3 Likes

ikr, the official email had a significantly different ratio
e2unnamed

Thanks for sharing this insight with us, next time I’m in for an x-ray I’ll have to thank the human that pushes the button for taking on what i can only imagine is an immense weight that comes with the knowledge they may play a small part in some souls departure.

3 Likes

Haha I’d say the majority of those yes’s were from the NMS subreddit/discord. Those vile, vile cretins.

They were causing designation wars last I heard XD

I stick to GD discord and here, safe places, though sometimes they bleed over.

I thought the majority of those logically insane folk had left the community last august when the game launched and the mutinys began, but it seems some have returned for the ARG and they are hyping themselves up again to insurmountable proportions.

It has me very worried for the community and hello games (I’ve heard people bring up the ol “death threat” buzz word because they were unhappy with the ARG :frowning: )

We’re vigilant here at ETARC apparently, so nice to see a majority NO vote :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If they’re gonna make threats over a free ARG, then no wonder they were asking for blood when they had to take responsibility for their own purchase last year.

6 Likes

Yeah, I was very disheartened by Sams stream, too many people expecting sean murray to appear (what game/ARG have they been following?!), vile unfiltered comments towards the guy leading them there, the list goes on.

Thankfully the better part of this community have taken great strides to drown out the negativity and help NMS grow through all of it into something that’s been missing from games ever since dudebrogamer came on the scene in the early to mid 00’s and whilst, helped the industry grow, has caused games that require true imagination to fall to the way side for more hollywood focused entertainment vehicles.

4 Likes

It does seem like the OG NMS players have weathered a storm along with HG and made us a tighter group because of it. I believe WT is a way to thank that group whilst also reclaiming and renewing interest. Haters have finally become a pesky little whimper for the most part.

6 Likes

Did you edit that @Virakotxa?

Yup and I think the ARG has helped the game find its perfect target audience, those with patience and imagination :slight_smile:

7 Likes

and a few button pushers

4 Likes

My last comment on this thread? Nope… The previous I had to add a “than by” for a sentence to make sense. :slight_smile:

Not sure it was the one with link of the image of a few of our ETARC pics on it with red dots on lol

A true sith would own up to it. You’re a disgrace. :joy:

1 Like

Well, it’s a red button and I’m way to curious to not push it, even if it launches a world annihilating nuclear strike. So yeah, I pushed it :no_mouth:

1 Like

Dont make me show you my red button pushing wrath

4 Likes

That’s the spirit! Me, I keep pushing red buttons on this forum… but they’re heart-shaped.

4 Likes

Your not man enough to push that button

1 Like

Man enough to resist the petty temptation of cash :sunglasses:

3 Likes