Companions update (3.2)

Thanks for this thread, my friends. :heart:

This whole pets thing is reminding me of my favorite game ever: Creatures. You find/select and egg, put it in the incubator and in a few minutes out pops a baby “Norn”. OMG, so cuuuute!

Later you can gene slice (sort-of) the characteristics of two Norns and make a new kind of Norn. Or you could do what we called a “Wolf Run”, which was leaving the game on unattended overnight, to see what random genetic mutations created in the population. (Did I mention the Norn’s could breed with one another? So cute, They rubbed noses, made smooching noises and giggled, and later laid an egg.) Sometimes you came back in the morning to a completely empty world. Sometimes you got super smart colourful Norns. My favorite game of all time, well, a simulator actually. And it is still around.

I’m hoping to clear some space-time to jump back in to NMS to play with the pets. Looks like fun!
:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Hey, it turns out an adopted wild beastie does grow the same as a hatched one does.
I adopted young ‘Hatsilly’ (proc.gen name) & later a beetle thingy.
Here I am a week or more later & Hatsilly is ‘Mature’ & about twice the size he started as.
I’m not sure when it happened because I was distracted breeding beetle things via the sequencer.
Quite happy that he gets to grow up too :hugs:

8 Likes

That is great news! --At least I think it is, from the point of view of someone who has yet to play this update. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

At birth

currently

8 Likes

Here’s my pup! Acts very dog like and reminds me of my Great Pyrenees (crossed with a Narwhal :rofl:). Traits are gentle & independent (same as a pyr!)

5 Likes

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Companions / Pets :sauropod:

Please continue in the topic below:

1 Like