Base Building & Settlements in Frontiers

That is so cool! Genius. :heart:

2 Likes

Yeah. Rotation was added in the last couple of updates (Frontiers?)

3 Likes

I meant to share this earlier but kept getting sidetracked. It’s my Expedition6 base - I’m pretty proud of this one, spent a lot of time on it. Feel free to check it out if you still have your save!

It’s in the final Relenium system in the Paholiang galaxy (#90), on planet Nunis XIV. It’s called Toxeteb-Goth (default name), and is build atop a mesa at coordinates -2.02, +7.59. It’s easy to find if you start at the space station and fly directly towards the center of Nunis XIV. The base computer icon should be green-blue if it’s working right.

Hopefully it actually loads correctly for others. I used to have neighbors on a nearby mesa, but their bases no longer appear to me… I don’t know if they deleted them, or if there’s some other issue.

14 Likes

Ooh! That base is beautiful! Nice work! :+1:

3 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes

Nicely done!

3 Likes

Let’s Drop Another Chum Marker

I did not have time to really work on this but I watched Jaws last night and could not help myself.

11 Likes

Apparently the wooden shelves now allow you to place items on them. Will test it as soon as I am officially awake for the day.
In the meantime, if only there was a way to slow this method down :rofl:

and yes, the shelf now works!

11 Likes

Wow! That is so amazing.

I agree though. It would be nice to be able to make it go slower for a more relaxed scenic ride. ;`)

5 Likes

There is a way, using logic or bytebeat, instead of only short range teleporters. My Zoetrope, Auto-farm, Merry-Go-Round, all make use of such techniques, where speed can be controlled.

The problem is keeping the vehicle in the track and matching momentum, but it can be done.

8 Likes

Yes. I remember. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :laughing: Lots of fun!

2 Likes

Wait, exocraft can go through short-range teleporters? I never realised…

4 Likes

so utilities that use to create bases when snapped to prefab rooms, are no longer working? also the planters don’t snap to any floors any more? clearly adding this new freighter system with optional placement pieces broke some other stuff… unless just me

4 Likes

Fantastic! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

3 Likes

With the NMS Discord community hub (NMSCord Hub) now being public, I can show some of the bases I have there.

0.0 - Zero Hour - 0.0

PC - Euclid - Normal Mode
NMSCord Hub system (procgen name Liestan)
NMS Portal Decoder Address
Planet Distira
Coordinates: +0, +0

The clock I have shown earlier from testing, has it’s own public underwater location with the NMSCord Hub.

)

May the 4th

NMSCord Hub system (procgen name Liestan)
Planet Gunterland
Coordinates: +3.34, +53.68

Not a new base, but had never gotten a public location thus far, other than screenshots made previously.

Atlas Juggler

NMSCord Hub - Atlas system
Planet Osusa Minor
Coordinates: -14.33,-10.31

WIP !!! This base is located in the NMSCord Hub region Atlas System (Gasmikr-Raya XII). Based on an early juggler I once created in Beyond (2019), but never released. I might move it to the other ‘low gravity’ planet which then requires quite a few changes.

12 Likes

Lovely! You do such wonderful work! <3

4 Likes

Juggling the dawn away

13 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes