Base Building Creations

4 Likes

Got one of my bases all powered up again, besides the doors. Three more to go in the same area. One down the hill from this one, at the lake. Another one the opposite direction down the hill at a river. Then the last one in between river and lake where I have my vehicles.

Front

Back side

Back

24 Likes

Oh, that looks fabulous! Nice work.

6 Likes

Is just me or does the lighting look better?

4 Likes

It’s not just you, lighting in general looks a lot better. The lighting @DevilinPixy’s base sets it off a treat, nice job :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am actually happily amazed at the new render distances allowed. I can even see my other bases off in the far distance. No more popping LOD or objects nearby compared to NEXT. Lights stay on as well within a good distance, where they used to turn off just a few meters away from you. They did a great job for that matter.

Now here’s hoping they can do the same on Freighters, because in like a 5 x 5 rooms, standing in the middle, the corners of the rooms are all dark. That is like 2 rooms away, seeing dark walls. Render distance for lighting and objects on a freighter is … terrible …

Note: Do keep in mind I am able to run everything on Ultra, which likely yields better results.

5 Likes

PS4 is bad too.
Freighters are really messy since BEYOND and are in fact my only dissapointment since the update, (bugs aside).
I like the landing bay area in it’s new bigger and darker scheme but once I go upstairs it all gets ttruly awful.
The corridors don’t render in and stay black until I’m next to them. Half the coloured lights are dead and can’t be replaced but I’m lost as to why one works and another doesn’t. The storage consoles have deadly cracks between them. My galactic terminal now peeks out at me from under the floor.
Half my construction items can’t be placed. Large farming planters are useless. The warp upgrade menu is broken if you don’t use all the materials when built and someone has blocked the toilet. :grin: Ok not that last one but it is quite a list.

I’m seriously hoping the next update is coming soon and involves overhauling freighters as many experienced travellers call their Command Ship home and at present mine is just about ready to be piled up on a planet with all the other broken ones.

Ok rant over.
Back to regular programming. :grin:

8 Likes

Base number two done with electricity, my river house.

Front

Back

Back side

From the river

Small cave entrance across

Leads to cave structure stairwell

Exit in the hill near my main home

18 Likes

@johnnycloud , I found your base in the old capitol system of Etarcia ECSD on the moon, seems intact, didnt visit before Beyond. Thought I would post if you ever wondered if it still exists. Got a couple pics.

11 Likes

Oh. My. Goodness! Lol

You’re brave! I have been holding back visiting as I have been too nervous to see any of my complex bases since Beyond was released. I have been earning Salvageable Tech to spend on the Wires and all new parts.

Oh dear, the landing pad in the middle has been stolen! I knew the V’ykeen were trouble lol. I bet all the lighting has blown a fuse too…

I need to get to work and reconstruct so it’ll be ready for you and @sheralmyst s Race day :smiley:
I can watch you both from the penthouse lol.

Thanks for sharing those great pics of your visit :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Finally finished wiring up my ‘Vehicle Base’.

This one took me quite some time, because the landing pad needed replacing. Managed to find a solution without too much compromise.

Also ran into some issues powering my Storage Containers. They are located below the base without any access. Noticed I had to completely rebuild the containers to actually get any power into them.

The curved hallways had some other issues and required rebuilding as well. Took me a while figuring out why the doors on them wouldn’t actually let me in. I kept ending up with open doors showing a wall behind them.

All-in-all, lots of work due to the complexity of this build. Required rebuilding and lots of trickery getting things back in place. I am happy with the result so far though. Time to move on to the lake.

Night time

Front

Back

Angled

19 Likes

:+1:
Gives me some inspiration towards getting my Legacy save out of the dark ages. There’s several bases to sort out & some are quite fiddly & located in strange spots.

6 Likes

Got the Harbour at the lake wired up. Again quite a bit of work. This time mostly fiddling with good spots for wires. I often save to test what I can break without problems, because some parts take some tricks to allow placement.

Botanist

Arms Dealer

Hardware

Lake view

Time for a break

Really looking forward to additional decoration and further development of the area.

18 Likes
8 Likes

@DevilinPixy you are exceptionally talented at base building, what a delight.

8 Likes

Made a barn to fit my rusty bike. And yes… it has my pad in there, don’t ask :roll_eyes:

When I tried the roamer again, I noticed I was now stuck inside. I should have known … :frowning:

I had already put the landing pad a bit higher than before to make the colossus fit again. Now I had to adjust the width for the roamer. The nomad was fine, but did the same for symmetry.

14 Likes

This one still buried after reload…

But this one survived better…

13 Likes

Before and after pics of my only PS4 permadeath base.
It used to be a nice yellow grassed plains planet, littered with calishrooms hidden away in an uncharted system.

After BEYOND the red grass went wild and is actually tall (you stand waist deep) but many of the extra plants found on calcishroom worlds vanished. Studying the picture reveals interesting points of things that remained and things that changed.
Ship shrunk, Colossus got huge… and of course everything broke.
Annoyingly, in the process of trying to retrofit power, I ended up with a mess and have now moved.

This is my new base, on a non-hostile lush world. Due to big, bad critters I’ve built a pontoon base over a lake in a sort of research centre sort of theme.

3x EM generators on a C grade underwater hotspot power a simple prefab and vault set-up, with a massive exocraft bunker and utilities warehouse. Power is all hooked up discreetly from below.

Underwater, there is the beginnings of a farm but I lost all my plants so have to start from scratch. Plan to add some of the farming equipment up on the land and a landing pad once I unlock it. I scattered all my collectables around underwater to add to the already rather nice view.
It aint much but a vulnerable little permy-traveller can’t be too fussy :grinning:

12 Likes

12 Likes

Before and After of my PS4 Normal game that I used for testing when BEYOND arrived.
Was an already established set up and it was easily rewired to suit new equipment. Apart from adding on a vault area & landing pad, this base is mostly unchanged.

The planet was another calci-shroom world, with nice earthy tones and lots of interesting flora.

After BEYOND the planet lost some of its extra flora and grass, becoming a mostly blue hardpan .
Doesn’t bother me, as this save is my dedicated ‘test’ game but I like taking note of what changes with big updates. Was nicer before IMO.
Larger objects such as deposits, large trees things and some smaller ‘plants’ remained.

Next will come my LEGACY save…I’m too nervous to open it up just yet :grimacing:

11 Likes