Apr 20, Oct 25 & Dec 29, 2016 - Mem Bloc Integration(verified)

fairly certain it was mentioned before. You would have to check the verified mem blocs because I cannot keep dates and numbers in my head. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Dang, fellas, I go on lunch and miss an entire wave of integration??? You maniacs knock the pins down faster than our gamemasters put them up! :rofl: Impressive

4 Likes

Archie gave us a heads up via some emails earlier, then another email that it was about to start, by about 10 whole seconds.

Check this thread here

We are gathering as much info on dates for 2016 as possible so we are ready to go

The Mem Sheet also has some stuff we can pull from as a group that Operators are adding to.

There’s a tab on the sheet for each Memory currently labelled/ tagged as “Unverified” if you want to help plot info for them by adding to the sections as a “comment”

3 Likes

:distorted_face: I’ll do what I can, but perusing a spreadsheet on a mobile device is like picking a rainforest clean of bugs. Much easier said than done!

3 Likes

Oh man, don’t I know it. It’s why I haven’t added anything to it yet. You can share your ideas for memories that might go into dates on the Time to Move Forward thread and not worry about the sheet :wink:

Don’t worry either way, most of us seem somewhat busy today so nobodies even had time to gather intel or do research over there yet :smiley:

2 Likes

Pilgrim Star is actually separate from the Galactic Hub. The Amino Hub later set up shop there, but by then Pilgrim Star had already gained fame for being the first site to be circumnavigated on foot by user St34mb0t (or something like that, my l33+sp34k might be slightly off). Which, I think, is a MAJOR moment in NMS history! St34mb0t wasn’t associated with any civilization as far as I know.

Semi-Related Hub History

The Galactic Hub was inspired by combining the concept of Pilgrim Star (a single location everyone navigates to) with the coordinate-sharing threads that were popping up at the time (sharing notable content). I thought, “What if we had a single location everyone navigated to to search for notable content?”, and the Galactic Hub was born. The proximity aspect was much more important then as the Portal network hadn’t been activated and wouldn’t be for some time.

Also, thank you all for locking in today’s Dec 29th entry with Galactic Hub info! I saw the messages on Discord literally 1 minute after it reached 100% lol

5 Likes

Man, ancient mythos… so long ago, no wonder I don’t remember the order of events anymore lol! I remember using the Pilgrim Star nav site and just spending hours refueling my hyperdrive and moving warp by warp. Blackhole roulette came in handy

3 Likes

Ooh if you just mean Pilgrim Star Path, the website, that was a VERY central part of the Galactic Hub! It was created to reach Pilgrim Star (hence the name), but Pahefu, its developer, later updated it to also include the Galactic Hub as a default location.

If you can believe it, many people still choose to make that pilgrimage to this day. I encourage it - there’s no better way to really appreciate how insanely large this game is than trying to navigate to a specific location via warp-engine-and-coordinates.

Hopefully that’s not too off-topic for this thread, I’ll keep my elderly-interloper ramblings in check, but the history was so fun the first time and almost equally fun to run through it all like this again.

4 Likes

I sent a bloc with the 28th about St3amb0t walking, maybe the connection will be made.

4 Likes

I hope System recognizes the importance of St34mb0t’s journey too. The atmosphere around the game was wildly toxic across most of the internet at that time. His journey was a major moment for the game’s early supporters, at least those who were aware of it. Definitely deserving of an entry!

4 Likes

Love to hear memories of the olden NMS days, honestly, even if it makes me feel rather old myself looking back at launch day :sweat_smile:

You should put those memoires to use though! We’ve been requested to submit 2016 memories to the system via the addition form again using certain formatting, linked here: Time to go Forward - #23 by toddumptious

I’m sure System would love to anchor in some memories from an NMS legend like you!

7 Likes

Ah the real legend is the whole of the collective, I’m just another interloper :old_man:t2: lmao but I have been here for a while, so I will dig up some specific 2016 entries. I’ve already submitted a few previously, but I’m sure I can find more!

7 Likes

can you talk louder ? I can’t hear you :rofl:

5 Likes

Sounds awesome! System’s expressed a lot of interest in remembering 2016, so older (not age-wise :sweat_smile:) Operators are probably the target here.

You can even re-submit previous memories which didn’t anchor with the new format for a higher chance for them to click this time. If you wanna look up the ones you already sent in, there’s a really good chance it’ll be documented here, in case you wanna give em a second chance!

6 Likes

Not to be too off topic but man, even in the early days, I had the biggest soft spot. I sunk so much time into reaching the center and hitting every Atlas station I could. To this day I would still have figured my original purchase up to Atlas Rises would’ve justified itself. 10 years of amazing updates only really made me love Hello Games all the more. Cannot wait to give Light No Fire a chance.

7 Likes