Anniversary Update Speculation(with spoilers)

Just discovered: bases visible across all difficulties (with caveats for old bases)

10 Likes

11 Likes

Those robot art bring to mind the Dredge from Titan A.E., the invaders War of the Worlds, and the Cylons.

Could it be that we are getting Sentinels Gone Bad with this update? At the very least, it suggests new enemies to be added to the game.

8 Likes

I think those are fan-made concept art ideas by Sean Cruz not Hello Games originals. They ARE beautiful though!
They bring to mind the dinosaur/machine things from Horizon Zero Dawn.

8 Likes

This is true. Judging by the comments on steam etc letting the players decide a planets biome would result in millions of either earth like planets or death planets from hell (an edge-lord paradise). Maybe an exclusive user generated galaxy (no. 255)?

6 Likes

I have to agree that terraforming opens up a possibility for griefing & changing (ruining) the proc.gen universe we like exploring the way it is.
However, I do love the idea of a personally designed planet too…like a massive botanical garden.

Perhaps, something in the middle then.

Maybe a portal accessed separate world in its own dimension (like the Anomoly/Nexus interior), that we get to play with sandbox style & could share (or not), similar to how current bases are shared.

6 Likes

Im in the same boat as you. Id love to terraform a planet or a whole system to my own spec.

But Id be pretty aggrieved to see some random jumping in and ruining my vision. Would be solved if you could somehow extend permissions to lock out a system so no one or party/friend list only could terraform or build in a claimed system. No clue about data transfer or storage involved in that endeavour though, could be absolutely massive.

6 Likes

6 Likes

15 Likes

I think my favourite has to be the Nexus-Sean. :sweat_smile:

Edit: just watched the video on Twitter.
So good! :rofl:

6 Likes

The mission point with the laser eyes is fab lol

7 Likes

I don’t get Ruined from any of the Sean faces.

I halfway expect that RUINED may be a clue about ruins.

10 Likes

9 Likes
6 Likes

I think it’s happening:
https://steamdb.info/app/275850/history/

8 Likes
8 Likes

https://twitter.com/Richard_A_Smith/status/1433021008097783809?s=19

4 Likes
5 Likes

This looks fantastic so far. Can’t see patch notes yet though and I won’t be home for another half hour :frowning:

Any word on PlayStation release yet?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)