Animal Farming 101

I placed out an Automatic Feeder and a Livestock Unit.
The feeder works fine and the critters come running at feeding time. However, the Livestock Unit is not gathering any products. When I look at my critters it states Recently Milked but there is nothing in the Unit…am I missing something?

2 Likes

I haven’t got that far yet, but do you need to attach some kind of storage device and pipes and stuff?

1 Like

No. The pipes do not work with them. I did finally gather some milk but it does not seem to be very reliable. I wonder how close the critters need to be…

There is no way to fence them in.
I powered my units with a single solar panel and no battery since the animals leave to sleep in some burrow somewhere, :smile: That way, they shut down for the night and turn back on in the daylight when the animals show up again.

Also, I am supposed to be able to Add More to the the feeder but it does not work. I have to take it out and then replace it all to refill it.

7 Likes

To get the milking machine to work the best, I stayed and watch the resources gather out of the animals. For a herd I could get around 30 of an item in a couple of minutes,. Walking away and coming back or not actively watching I may get 1 item if any.

6 Likes

Hmmm…well that sort of defeats the purpose doesn’t it?

5 Likes

Mostly, but not completely: it saves you from directly following them around and holding your square button for each one while waiting for them to renew.

5 Likes

Meet Bessie and Daisy. The backbone of my happy little farm. :grin:

10 Likes

When are you opening the petting zoo? I need to hug both of them like ten minutes ago.

7 Likes

I guess they’ll be tweaking that a bit if enough reports are submitted. They kind of have to guestimate the yield of a farm that doesn’t actually exist most of the time, so it’s not surprising that there would be some major discrepancy…

6 Likes

8 Likes

Oh Wow! What a trip down memory lane that was! :joy:

1 Like