An unusual request for help related to my Spec-Biology project

This is perfect! Thank you so much! First things first tomorrow is to go and check it out.

And you will be featured on the Exandac’s page as a contributor!

(and as I said before: it can be either just plants referring to nuts, just animals referring to nuts, or both)

I was curious about seeing if procedural part would be able to show some coherence between fauna + flora. I found a nice nut tree on another planet (only a desert, not hot enough for you ^^) without animal to eat nuts, which is not a big trouble for the tree. But for this planet, a poor animal can’t eat nuts so the life is probably hard for it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have just found a cat (of all the possible animals!) that mentions it eats nuts. Sadly it is not in Euclid, because I picked up a scan mission while in one of my base systems, but it is on a hot world. Few plants and none of those mention nuts.

2 Likes

Had a look around the planet, it’s perfect. Thank you for your help, really.

2 Likes

Do you just need that one planet or do you want us to look out for others?

1 Like

A possible alimentary competitor to the Exandac:

30cm flying animal.

Another biological interest in this system is the presence of rare “Eplorator Space Whales” at the highest level

but they don’t eat nuts :rofl:

3 Likes

Fascinating, going to check it out ASAP.

1 Like

I just have to ask…what’s the fascination with nuts… :joy:

2 Likes

I’m not in charge of course but if I’d have to give my opinion I’d say…

:partying_face:

3 Likes

Gergo, correct me if’m wrong: I think it started with Gergo studying a cool looking animal that said it eats nuts on hot planets, but on that planet weren‘t any nuts, so logically, it must have originated elsewhere, and he set himself the goal to find a possible origin planet?

2 Likes

No, it’s quite the opposite actually.

(I try to break it down into digestible chunks, but ask if something isn’t clear)

-Current focus of my project (A Research of No Man’s Sky, speculative biology project) is on planet Sycorixh XIX, a scorched biome type planet in the Sogama star system.

-The Exandac is the current animal I’m (or now rather we) working on.

-Sycorixh XIX (the planet) has a nut-bearing plant species, C. Mudyinkus.

-In the lore of the project(!), during the First Spawn Empire’s existence, the local First Spawn colonies on Sycorixh XIX had partially domesticated the Exandac due to their pheromones and become locally important animals for the residents of the planet’s First Spawn colonies.

-And much like any pets, the Exandacs had spread out into the neraby regions of space as Sycorixh XIX residents moved out and, intentionally or not, brought the various Exandac breeds with them.

-Once the First Spawn Empire collapsed, the various Exandac breeds would be left to their own devices on foreign planets. Most of these died off quickly on planets with not ideal habitats for them (regardless of hardiness), and most of the breeds died off anyway as they where incable of surviving without their First Spawn Gek caretakers.

-However, the hardiest of breeds on ‘optimal planets’ survived on their own, becoming feral, and possibly even invasive, animals on such planets.

-My goal with this ask for help was to find such ‘optimal planets’.

I hope all of these makes sense, but again, ask if something isn’t clear

5 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re still looking for more data, but I visited a handful of systems in the Irkwood Spur region. Two of the systems had scorched planets.

The Peptakn System had a High Temperature planet Ubentile XI, where I found all the fauna and 15 flora. None of the fauna or flora mentioned nuts, but two of the flora did mention seeds. Do you want info on those flora or is that too different from what you are looking for?

Other than that, the Dajupivo system (also in Irkwood Spur) had a Boiling planet Lakshar Gamma that had a nut eating fauna, A. Caxustagia. Here are a few pictures, including glyphs. Here I found all the fauna and 11 flora. None of those 11 flora mentioned nuts. I did not claim any discoveries so you have the ability to claim any of it if you want.

Hope this is helpful! I will be happy to keep searching in other systems in the region later if you’re still looking for data.

2 Likes

First off, wow, that’s pretty thorough, thanks for your trouble, I appreciate the help, I really do.

And yes, this is absolutely helpful. The planet is good enough for me to work with, I see what can I make up.

Do you want info on those flora or is that too different from what you are looking for?

About this. I was actually considering this option, mainly because if we consider what we feed our domesticated animals with in real life relative to their ancestors’ natural, wild, diet. It’s maybe not too big of a stretch/jump to feed a nut specialist organism with seeds in captivity and maybe retain seed eating to a degree when becoming feral.

2 Likes

But I think that’s enough.

I got 5 planets, which is, I admit, crazy to me. I honestly thought that I’m going to get 2 or 3, tentatively maybe 4 planets, but not 5. And all 5 is perfect and was exactly what I was looking for. I really don’t know how to express my gratitude, but know that that I’m truly thankful for your help.

Hopefully, the next update on this will be on here when I make a screenshot to show what I managed to make from all the information you guys have provided.

But until then, stay safe everyone, and have fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great! Glad to help. Please let us know if you need help with other work on the project!

2 Likes

Okay, posted it