Hi everyone!
As some of you may know, I’m working on a Speculative Biology project, “A Research of No Man’s Sky”, and I would like to ask for some help with it. (for more details, click here: A Research of No Man’s Sky (A.R.N.M.S) Speculative Biology Project )
The most recent animal I’m working on (in the lore of the project) can be found on multiple planets as feral populations nowadays due to being kept as pets by the First Spawn when the empire existed.
And due to me being something of a perfectionist, I want to be as precise/““realistic”” as I can get when I want to name such planets in the projects
So, what I wanted to ask you guys is if you could help me out by helping me sweep through Lejete Cluster and the surrounding regions of space for a planet(s) that fit that I could consider a “realistic habitats” for feral Exandac populations.
(In the case if you want to help me out with this, check the comments for more information, but if you can’t or won’t, that’s okay as well
)
5 Likes
The targeted regions if you want to help me out (see images for the portal glyphs for one planet in each region as a starting point):
-Lejete Cluster (main) [image 1]
-Odomoc [image 2]
-Irkwood Spur [image 3]
-Juttlew Void [image 4]
-Rodssom Fringe [image 5]
-Jusittic Quadrant [image 6]
--
And this is what I’m looking for:
-A Scorched biome-type planet ( Charred, Arid, Scorched, Hot, Fiery, Boiling, High Temperature, Torrid, Incandescent, and Scalding)
-With at least one scannable flora species, either terrestrial or cave-growing(no, aquatic flora species do not count here), whose scanner description indicates that it has nuts or equivalent fruiting structures. Alternatively/As an extension, any scannable fauna species that indicates that some local plantlife uses nuts. (the former is preferred, but the latter will be not overlooked by me)
-Purple systems dose not count here
1 Like
Added the Help a Fellow Traveller tag. Maybe we can get you some assistance. However, many are deeply into the expedition right now.
4 Likes
Thanks, that’s much appreciated (and yeah, I have a tendency to post/ask things at the worst possible time)
1 Like
The “Exandac” that I mentioned here are these fellows:
“”"X. Dinooletudus-A. Biruchtoveceus Ungulatis–Hoovering-Ungulatis
The most bizarre animal on the planet, and in the top 3 weirdest animal-life in the system
-------------------------------------------
Scanner Description:
"Gender: Symmetric-Non-uniform
Weight/Height: 70.5 kg/1.3 m
Notes:
X. Dinooletudus was first recorded on planet Sycorixh XIX, surviving despite the extreme temperature. Possessed of a tremendous natural strength, they fear no other creature that walks upon this world. Comfortable amongst the dense foliage, they sniff and scurry among the fallen leaves, searching for the nuts that provide their food.
Additional Observations: Forms colonies"
-------------------------------------------
General Description:
-Genus Name: Exandac
-Genus name meaning: The animal’s local name(see “Origin of the name”)
-Scanner Name: X. Dinooletudus-A. Biruchtoveceus
-Common Name: Exandac
-Origin of the name: ‘*Exandac*’ is derived from the Korvax words ‘*Exandy*’ and ‘*iudac*’ meaning ‘*Strange*’ and ‘*absorb*’ respectively.
Recorded Species:
-E. hadrocnemis (first recorded)
-E. fortiodorus
Species name meaning:
-‘strong-leg(ed)/with strong leg’
-‘strong-smelling’
Species Common Names:
-Common Exandac
-Endangered Exandac"“”
1 Like
Hope this is not going to come off too badly, but now that the expedition had effcetively ended, could I get some help with this?
1 Like
I just scrolled to the bottom of my unread forum threads and saw this. Sorry, your post is being hidden by project skyscraper, it is just bad timing. Maybe bump this thread once more after the tenth anniversary?
2 Likes
Sorry, your post is being hidden by project skyscraper, it is just bad timing
yeah, that checks out, I have a tendency to do that lol (i.e do things at the worst possible time)
Maybe bump this thread once more after the tenth anniversary?
Sounds good on paper, how can I “bump this thread”?
(although I must say, when the tenth anniversary happens, or around that time, this thread may become irrelevant anyway)
By bumping a thread I mean, responding to it again, so it shows up as unread! 
1 Like
aha, I see, thanks! info is much appreciated 
Well, thank you for your troubles, it is much appreciated, really. Do you have the portal coordinates of the planet? (and to be completely honest, this is more than I expected to get, though this is probably just my pessimism)
And as a thanks for your help, you will be featured on the Exandac’s page as a contributor!
3 Likes
(hope that wat I said didn’t come off badly)
Don’t worry, why would it?
I went back and uploaded new discoveries in that system, because, if I give you the address and you mention it in your academic thesis,
people might come and rename stuff there, right?
3 Likes
Hi everyone!
I hope this is not going to come off too bad, but now that the ARG is (effectively speaking) ended. could I get some help with this?
2 Likes
Let me try to understand, you want help to find certain planet types in the 6 regions you mentioned and where the target animal is living ?
1 Like
Correct, but:
where the target animal is living
- Replace the “is” with a “could”
you want help to find certain planet types in the 6 regions you mentioned
- And yes, with the criteria being: Scorched biome-type planet, scannable terrestrial or cave-growing flora and / or scannable fauna that indicates the presence of nuts(can be either both or just one of these), and no Purple star systems.
Hope this clears up everything.
1 Like
Since soon after you first posted the start of this thread I have been looking out for any mention of nuts in flora and fauna descriptions, but have not found any. I have not been specifically to the regions you are hoping to focus on.
I have been slightly pre-occupied during my in game time between Project Skyscraper rabbit holes, community build systems and the NMS10 celebration as well as progressing my latest new save; but have just been looking since I saw your initial post as I do my usual exploration. If I find any I will post about them, but so far I haven’t.
3 Likes
Something like that ?
In Rodssom Fringe, fiery planet. That’s fun, it eats nuts (noix, in the pic) but no nuts in the 10 plants found (even cave).
I didn’t change any name nor claim planets so if you want to come and rename for a better story NP.
2 Likes