The Simulation Hypothesis

Are we living in a virtual reality? Is the universe emerging from an information processing system? And if so, could we ever tell? Is it possible to ‘hack’ the system and change reality? Take a look at the evidence and decide for yourself!

Contributions to THE SIMULATION HYPOTHESIS are made by leading researchers from physics, cosmology, mathematics and information sciences. Appearances by MaxTegmark, Neil degrasse Tyson, Paul Davies, James Gates and many more. Science has never been so much fun!

5 Likes

What may have started as a science fiction speculation—that perhaps the universe as we know it is a computer simulation—has become a serious line of theoretical and experimental investigation among physicists, astrophysicists, and philosophers.

Neil deGrasse Tyson, Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium, hosts and moderates a panel of experts in a lively discussion about the merits and shortcomings of this provocative and revolutionary idea. The 17th annual Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate took place at The American Museum of Natural History on April 5, 2016.

1 Like

Juicy… I’d say it could very well be.
One thing to consider… If not as real, would not being part of a symulation actually imbue our existence with a certain purpose? A sort of meaning? Like a gateway for a scientiffic/atheist path to a creator’s communion… Dare I call it convergence?
If maybe just a brain in a jar… But is it not conforting to know something is supervising, after all?

1 Like

Personally really like Lemino’s video on Simulated Reality. I think it touches on some things similar to the simulation theory, and maybe it’d be cool for you guys who haven’t seen it already watch the video below :smiley:

3 Likes