Screenshots 🖼

11 Likes

12 Likes

Ooo … and a Looking Through shot too. Nice one.

3 Likes

Most realistic underwater coloration I have found.

I found a…dolphin?

Was just soaking it all in…

Then suddenly,

So I looked for an island and found

and

and finally some land… that is shaped like an avocado?

Then the sun set…

Staying for a while.

14 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

7 Likes

14 Likes

I finally saw one!

11 Likes

The planet I’m currently on has an abundance of these guys:

They appear to move by a jet engine (I say that because the alternative is that they’re powered by chronic flatulence - it’s a good job NMS only gives you pictures, and not smells).

I tried to get a picture of one alongside my ship, which proved surprisingly difficult. I can see lots of them in the air when I’m walking around, but as soon as I take off in my ship, they all disappear.

Eventually I managed to corner one. Compared to my ship, I estimate they’re roughly the same height as you are.

13 Likes

I too like to check out views from many angles. The top-down view often can yield an abstract look. Nice. Use one for a Zoom background? LOL. (Too bad they all have the glyphs)

3 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

6 Likes

12 Likes

It didn’t really occur to me until you started posting these closeups of those plant textures, but these new assets do have detailed diffuse maps (main textures). With Next, many of the old assets’ diffuse maps were replaced with just plain solid colored textures. That’s bugged me for years. The detailed textures really did add more character & variety to the models, as these new ones show. They don’t take up any more space than their solid color replacements either. I really wish HG would restore those. The most work they’d require would be a quick brightness adjustment to match the current style better.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Huh? That planet looks like Escher tried to paint a landscape… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I AM STILL ALIVE!!! :joy:
What is up with this planet? Is there a lightning rod in my backpack?

21 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: CSD Games/Tumbleweed