Screenshots 🖼

@temp - I do, like these new animated glow “trees.” I used one of my shots as a PC wallpaper and my non-gaming non-SciFi wife even liked it. :slight_smile:

The game keeps giving lil ol xenophotographer me reasons to “snap on.”

12 Likes

So no real change for me with this update. However, I have noticed a change in the rate and speed of meteors.

It Made Me Tingle

Stuck the Landing

16 Likes

Planet-Side Dog Fight in a Storm

12 Likes

Wow! That only happened to me once, and that was back in the 1.1 days when it wasn’t supposed to happen. Pirates chased me into a planet’s atmosphere and didn’t break off as usual. It was fun, and a number of times, they couldn’t avoid the ground, scraping along it. :smile:

4 Likes

I remember those days. To be honest, I actually enjoy the planetary ship combat vs the space combat. The added obstacles and scenery make it much more enjoyable. I hoped that the ships would one day crash land on planets and we could scavenge the ship for parts(like carbon nanotubes, hermetic seals, that one lens, etc.)

5 Likes

Pirates can always chase you into an atmosphere if they jump you near a planet. The jump is aborted when you hit atmo, but if they manage to jump in just before, they will follow you down. They’ll break of when you land, though.

3 Likes

Sometimes the back is more interesting than the front. This one had flippers instead of claws. Odd. :slight_smile: I thought it might be from Perth since the “arms” were dragon on the ground.

Finally … a colorful cave with interesting formations.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Oh thank you, thank you HG for fixing the horizon line!

Wow! :open_mouth:

I do not recall the grasses of different heights before.

11 Likes

8 Likes
Summary

10 Likes

Some sandworms have wings? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

And (Echoing sheralmyst’s wonder) is that lake covered with mist…?

I clearly haven’t found all the new additions yet. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have a video. I just need to tear myself away from this alternate universe and writing about it to see about some of the goodies in my toybox.

And one cute tidbit. I was going to write about black armored beings in black ships, and thought I’d have to school myself on some art apps to create them. I still might for some scenes I’d like to see. But then with one of the updates, along come not just black armors, but black ships! Thank you Team Mercury for knowing just what I needed! Even though black ships seem to be as rare as Sean haters who decided he was pretty cool after all. :sweat_smile: How about they become a little more common?

3 Likes

Well, I know we’re calling these sandworms, but to me they don’t look like worms. They certainly don’t look like the sandworm featured in the pre-launch demo, though that looked more like a sandsnake. They don’t look like Dune sandworm.

Worms of varied types are usually not armored. Earthworms do, though, have spiny “feet” along their sides.

I’m a bit disappointed that they refer to these updated versions of previously existing aerial fauna as sandworms.

3 Likes

Seen one of those too. I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t be possible for them to make use of the full variety of flying worms, since they appear to be using the same meshes and textures.

3 Likes

13 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes

I have found a new home.
Paradise
Mild Rain
Very few Sentinels

14 Likes