Screenshots v2.0

MY First Shots from NMS BEYOND.

Well…that isn’t good.

Dawn of a new Era

Mr. Vykeen has let himself go a little but he’s found some old friends.

This is why you don’t play ‘chicken’ with freighters.

16 Likes

15 Likes

I give you - Excalibur!

15 Likes

Sorry. Just had to post these here

7 Likes

New refueling station:

New stance Nada requires?

9 Likes

16 Likes

On my PC my keys as far as I know remain always at default. I just get used to them… When playing NMS the F12 key takes a screen shot of everything. If I first select camera mode and then press F12, that takes a screen shot with the portal address or if the HUD is on screen that instead.

However if I read the No Man’s Sky camera menu that pops up, once you select camera mode, it tells you to press ‘left mouse click’ to record the snapshot. If you do the left click, (in photo mode) that will take a clean graphic, screen shot. :slight_smile: If you press F12 it will take the same snapshot but with the portal address graphic overlayed on the screenshot.

I hope I got the key procedure the right way round (in photo mode) explaining this. So NMS can give you a clean screenshot.

Could the address be added to the Exif or XMP Meta Data of the JPEG I wonder? Even if it is just in the comments tab or Exif title name. That would also help searching too perhaps at a later date.

3 Likes

Ok Thanks. I will try the mouse button next time.
Works. Just have to be careful not to bump it…Never think about reaching for the mouse. So much easier using the controller.

5 Likes

Yay! Glad you got the click now :slight_smile:
This is my first Beyond Screenshot having wrestled with removing the Portal Address strap.
I found what looked like giant wheat and something else. I’m just testing things at the moment until I am confident I know what I am doing.

I’m not sure the new discoveries pages are all that clearly layed out. I found some of the text too faint to read because it is on a light background. Also the distance in LY between your current location and anothe system has been removed, except on the Galaxy Map. You can’t just read off how far away you are from a system in the list. Hopefully that can be added again as it was really useful at times to know.

9 Likes

He seems a happy chappy…

I said, ‘No Sir I have not!!!’ :slight_smile: I wonder which portals he has been standing in front of???

7 Likes

Does the dark/light side of the planets seem more pronounced? Or is it just that new iteration magic making me think it is so? Perhaps we are seeing more detail from space?

6 Likes

I visited one station and this room was so bright over the trade terminal, it was almost too washed out to see. Yeah I think the lights need tweaking on the Space Stations.

1 Like

I think the lighting has been tweaked in space for the darkness to be generally more ‘inky’ black. But then I haven’t yet visited many systems yet really to make any judgement yet myself. It is hard to say at the moment. It may be a bug and global lighting has dipped or the gamma seems off?

The Space Stations DO seem to have a bug in the lighting. The Ambient lighting seems too low inside and lower in the main hangar. (Though in the main hangar the lower light levels give more atmosphere perhaps but are arguably a little too dark, but the lighting is more ‘vintage style’ like the original release. But then I haven’t visited many space stations yet.

Odd lighting too on the discovery pages. The creature models chnaged colours wih a greenish tint. You can see difficult to read text on the right. Also the pop-up menu block ought to pop up on the left and not cover the scroling list, (or have the menu reminders elsewhere avoiding a pop up altogether). Actually when on the system list it does pop up but not over the list. It just needs to be smaller or consistent for clarity.

I like the bigger creature display but maybe they could actually be reduced in size (just a little) to avoid this and maybe make room for the pop-up menu reminders.

8 Likes

I assign Ctrl + 0 as my photo mode hotkeys, adjust photo mode settings as desired, and then click the mouse button. It works well for me.

4 Likes

One reason why I use F12 is I have mapped it to one particular button on my controller to snap a picture easily at any time. I would find it difficult to use the combination of two keys, and I need all the buttons for so many other functions.

Since Beyond has landed my Analysis scanner button press has been messed up as it isn’t auto log anymore. We currently have to press F, AND also now left click hold together I wish I had more fingers…

Actually I am currently, awkwardly, using two hands AND turning my controller upside down to reach the buttons, to scan a creature until I sort things out lol

Perhaps this was a VR pairing decision (that doesn’t really work for my normal non-VR controller). Hopefully key mapping will when fixed will allow us to customise keys again for our individual convenience.

3 Likes

REMEMBER

9 Likes

My floating ship:

9 Likes

Saves getting the skids dirty :grin:

4 Likes

I do like the colors.

8 Likes

An old save loaded up again after a year

11 Likes