Screenshots v1.5-1.77

Not read all the update notes so this may only be news to me, but you now can get abandoned space stations.

And rather spooky they are , though the sales and weapons terminals, transporter and plant room are still operational.

One of the system planet seems to have a variety of abandoned buildings types so I may be here a while.

15 Likes

My new pet Grizzly.

21 Likes

Your grizzly looks a bit rat-ish :smile:

6 Likes

Wasn’t me! I didn’t take that navigation data, swear

20 Likes

Let me see your exosuit pockets young thief!! :smile:

4 Likes

Remember when those things would automatically put you to five stars!? :laughing:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday arpoja! :birthday:

2 Likes

I just want to take off my boots and run down the grassy slope to the lake and dive in.

21 Likes

Found an absolutely nutty system, and I love it.

That’s a black hole on the left, with the space station IN the planet’s ring.

That haze effect persists INSIDE the space station. At first I thought it was a visual bug- turns out it was ring dust.

There are two Travelers in the space station, checking out the indoor ring dust.
(I will have to get a photo from inside the space station tonight… i have failed you, for now.)

Tracked down the portal on one of the system’s nicer planets, and found a floating island near by! Am building a base there now- will be sure to post more photos and the address as it comes together.

Taking a break from base building to find some new recipes, and floating above the nose of my fav exotic- the “Reality Spear”.

18 Likes

What a day! I discovered a mostly water toxic planet.

and it had these guys on it!

I also discovered that the diversity on the planets is much better than before. My home world has only small ponds on the side my base is on but, I found out it is mostly water on the other side of the planet, dotted with little tropical islands.

19 Likes

Exploration frigate “Luddites Laureate” wound up on the wrong side of a dying star

19 Likes

That is an amazing shot, TOdd! :heart:

1 Like

Check out “Log Entry 522”. Sound familiar? :wink:

16 Likes

I love reading these, been meaning to post and share some, along with frigate names and traits. Is there a thread for giving frigates love and sharing fleet expeditions? If not, there should be :slight_smile:

I name my frigates after their traits so I’ll remember them better.

Unless their name is already adequate , or they survive something and earn a nickname from the expedition in question.

One of my frigates mentions it’s 16th deck is missing, so I’ve named it 16//16//16 ':slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah it does…that’s the bit from the audio log.

Also happy cake day!

3 Likes

Went back to the space station in the ring to show you what its like in there (just had to repair a frigate first)

Here’s what it looks like inside the station

And here are the two Travelers, soaking it all in

Normally, seeing two travelers would be pretty sweet for finding glyphs, however this system is RIGHT on top of the galactic center. That means one would need all the glyphs to portal here (the triangle glyph is the last one you get, and it is required for portal addresses near the core), so its just kind of a social hangout.

Its pretty trippy in there. Anyone else seen a space station like this?

14 Likes

Looks pretty trippy indeed, but seems to be a render issue of some sort affecting almost all object materials. Similar to the cloud render issue which is rendered to the camera. Maybe it is the same issue, but only a couple of parts actually render in front. I would report it if you have a chance.

1 Like

Yummy Cake Day!

1 Like

Broken Worlds.

16 Likes

You have learned the Korvax word for ‘underground’.

15 Likes