Update 4 (GoFundMe)
$5,113 of $6,000 goal (at time of posting)
The response to this has been overwhelming, but in a good way! I am in awe of the spirit of generosity that has been fostered through this project, our desire to give has spread positivity throughout the world.
As a kid who grew up playing video games, I never could have imagined that gaming would manifest such goodness in reality.
As a thank-you for helping me push this movement absolutely every step of the way, I offer you a couple of important updates:
- I listened to your feedback and I have brought back the OG black and white design that everyone loved.
- Some large donors have been in contact with me interested in supporting this movement.
- Several lunch and beer suppliers have been in touch to see how they can support our cause.
- A videographer and photographer has been organised for the r/giftofgaming donation day in Sydney,
http://the10thletter.com/ (broken link)
- Several photographers have stepped forward to capture the Billboard in the UK, this is still being finalised, I encourage further enquiries.
Please follow r/thegiftofgaming and @thegiftofgaming on Instagram and @thegiftofgamin1 on Twitter to stay up to date with the donation day, and the billboard. Also please help me spread awareness even further by using #thegiftofgaming on any content that exemplifies the spirit of bringing happiness and togetherness through gaming.
Stay tuned, Travellers, there are many more exciting updates to come. Sean, if you are reading, thank you. Thank you for your dedication to NMS and thank you for cultivating such a wonderful community. I’m so excited to raise funds for the Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation because of YOUR game.
PS. Please send all ideas and enquiries to email@example.com
I almost forget, I’m currently searching for NMS cosplayers, know one? Hit me up