Real Time Pandemic Tracker

I know, ultimately, coronavirus is NOT funny. But still…

It seems Hong Kong is reeling from the impact of armed and desperate toilet roll thieves…

4 Likes

If this virus doesn’t die down soon, we may all be looking to black markets for TP. :sweat_smile:
Seriously, when the world’s largest work force can’t go to work, we will all feel the affects sooner or later.

1 Like

Just to put things in perspective
https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html
https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/main.html

More of my new neighbours arriving:

1 Like

Ah yes. The ones brought back to the states were brought against the advice of the CDC. The Pres was not informed. We are all doomed. :mask:

1 Like

Just in case, everyone should have ample canned goods, etc…not trying to panic, just trying to be prepared.

2 Likes
1 Like

@sheralmyst - Coronavirus … one more reason to exclusively telework. (Plus snacks are better and drive time is zero, which reduces pollution!)

BTW, in Texas, they refer to Armadillo road kill as “Turkey on the half shell”

And … they even have bumper stickers.

2 Likes

:mask: :white_check_mark:
:canned_food: :white_check_mark:
:cup_with_straw: :white_check_mark:
:roll_of_toilet_paper: :white_check_mark:

:+1:

2 Likes

Seriously, a very good plan. I started gathering yesterday. Dried beans and rice, flour and sugar. Extra meds and other essentials. At least the power should stay on. I do wonder though, if no one could go to work for a month, how many can manage that financially?
I am also starting to wonder if this virus hasn’t already been among us for some time. At the very start of this, I saw a CDC report which stated the virus was already in 42 states. The report suddenly vanished…makes me wonder.

3 Likes

It’s loose. Here we go. :mask: :scream:

4 Likes

Do you know why we should wash our hands TWICE when we go to restrooms?

AFTER : minding others

BEFORE : minding yourself

4 Likes

Idiot. I hope he has been blacklisted from all future events.
NBC10 Boston: NH’s 1st Coronavirus Patient, Told to Stay Isolated, Went to Event Instead.

Nice posters to download and print for work, school, etc…

2 Likes

Business Insider: 25 scientists were sent to China to research the coronavirus. Here’s what they found. - Business Insider.

3 Likes

The answer is Yes

3 Likes

Last week we had the first reported cases here in South Africa - interesting that the infection node was from Italy where there has been a massive spike, I think the highest outside of the China/Asian/Far East Region.

An interesting development was witnessing first hand one of the consequences - arriving to work on Friday morning to find the neighbouring office block locked down as one of the people who was in contact with the carrier and had been on same trip to Italy worked there. Still alot of misinformation and hype [buy stocks in hand sanitizer companies!] out there,

Some local news reports:

Additional news reports added:

4 Likes

The problem here in the states is that by now, 10’s of thousands should have been tested but ONLY 1500 have been tested…this is very alarming. (We are in the midst of one of the worst flu seasons. Many of those could actually be Covid-19)
The CDC has stopped posting the number tested. Individual states FINALLY have their own test kits so it is very likely the number of cases will begin to grow dramatically.
Churches and other orgs have directed people to sanitize commonly touched items every day. No hugging. No hand shaking.(church services and schools are shutting down in Washington state and in NY) People over 60 are being advised to avoid crowds and public places. If you have a fever or a cough seek medical help immediately and avoid other people.
I went to Wal-Mart early (it was nearly empty of people) for one last big buy on food etc…the Lysol products have vanished from the shelves. Soap is running low ( hand sanitizers don’t really work well) Most people are ordering their groceries for curb-side pick up.
We are no longer in a containment phase. We are in a mitigation phase.
There are predictions that half the economy could collapse. Most businesses and most people, cannot survive a month long shutdown…scary times.

…and toilet paper. :grin: especially Scott tissue. I would also recommend Campbell’s soup and Lysol.

TechCrunch: US response to the COVID-19 coronavirus moves from ‘containment’ to ‘mitigation’.

“It’s not Thunderdome. It’s not Mad Max.” :laughing:

This is why there is a shortage

5 Likes

I think I found a possible cure for coronavirus family.

Whether it will beat Covid-19 will depend on my Korvax Scientist. For now his advice is to follow NHS recommendations to wash hands with soap and water, singing ‘Happy Birthday’ twice.

20200309103916_2 Common Cold Dure

11 Likes

“the lack of an international airport in the Natural State as a positive”…however, our 2 Interstate Highways are like the crossroads of the country. People from everywhere come through here stopping for gas, rooms and food.

https://www.kait8.com/2020/03/09/arkansas-dept-health-monitoring-covid-/

Ha ha…so the reason Arkansas has no cases is simple. They have only tested 12 people!!!
My son has a friend in the northern part of the state. He called his doc with a temp and a cough. The doc says, " Assume you have it. Stay home. We will monitor you daily with phone calls. The test is only given to those with underlying health issues."
And that’s that. So 103 people are being monitored that way.
Very comforting…not.

3 Likes

British Health Minister, Nadine Dorries, has tested positive for coronavirus.

Over the past weeks, she’s been in almost daily meetings with the rest of the government…

2 Likes