No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

Sometime, the horizon on a moon is surprizing

14 Likes

That is a gorgeous shot there. It pooks like something out of the video game “Lost Planet”.

3 Likes

I moved my Normal mode base today next to the local portal and then spent the rest of the day in a new Creative mode build to figure out a new floor plan for it. Got all the plants I needed for 4 Fusion Ignitors, carbon planters, two landing pads, three save techs, a few small lights, etc all under 93% complexity.

Then I had a duh moment when I realised I had built it it on a frosty planet instead of a rotting one like my Normal mode base. :blush: Tomorrow I will try for a rotting one.

Such a beautiful planet!

I even up-traded my unused starter ship twice with an hour. First for a fighter, then for an S-class shuttle.

Tried out a planting trick I read about somewhere: Pick your local plants indoors where it is nice and cosy:

Removing the regular hallway afterwards and replacing it with a glass cube room is my own innovation–more roomy. (I often wish we could simply put a door in place and attach the cubed room to it.)

Underling Olksofjo fell in love with my base and kept hopping out of their ship, refusing to negotiate until I ushered them into the star bulb dome. Must have saved them a few of their, ahem… ‘perfume’ packets.

9 Likes

I forgot to add that I generally purchase (and stockpile) from passing ships, and from stations, etc., the gasses and ores required that aren’t handy nearby my base.

2 Likes

You can get round that by deleting the corridor putting in a cuboid and using 2 doors on it

4 Likes

Visited lots of portals lately, searching for good base locations. This one stood out though.

14 Likes

Ah, thank you! That worked a treat! <3

1 Like

Layers of Dawn

18 Likes

Some more holiday snaps from my travels.

13 Likes

just wow… (insert slow clap gif)

Golf Balls!!!

I’m falling and can’t stop!!!

13 Likes

13 Likes

Walking to the Mountain

12 Likes

I liked the symmetry of this one. As if Wes Anderson made a No Man’s Sky movie.

16 Likes

I really like the first three because most of the official artwork for NMS shows the Atlas straight up. (Three different lighting styles. I’ve never noticed the red “veins” on the surface of the Atlas.

The next photo is my old freighter from the hangar of a Gek station. (It took me 1/2 a minute to walk as far out as I could to get the image, then spent another 1/2 minute berating myself after realizing that you can move around in photo mode.)

I hid the photos so that this post doesn’t clog up the entire page.

Summary

7 Likes

Stranded in a storm.
As the beacon lights the night,
the dark welcomes me.

16 Likes

Oh, that is lovely! (the photo and the haiku!) :heart:

Thank you so much @TravelEcho! :blush:

1 Like

Amazing picture @TouriStarr !

:clap::beers:

Thank you, glad you like it @arpoja! I appreciate the support of this fine community! :beers:

2 Likes