No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

October 14 - December 3, 2017 = 700 hours

:spiral_calendar: OK, so I admit that this is EXTREME dedication !
I played nearly every day, all day, for 51 days straight.

I discovered NMS in February 2017. Daily mesmerized Twitch viewer.
Since this was 6 months after release, I was never a part of any early hype.
Put whimsically, Dr. Crim just had to update his computer. Photo purge…

And there’s still so much left for me to do.
What’s left? Get a freighter, fill it with ships;
Discover an experimental multi-tool; more gameplay !
I’m holding back on the Atlas Path till v1.5.

'Twas a lovely vacation.—❝I’ve seen things.❞

2 Likes

When I 1st spawned to life as a Traveller in No Man’s Sky, this was my view…

Sparks flew from the engine, copious rain and stranded in hostility unlike earth.

Looking around, I checked the inventory. Unfamiliar components were damaged.
With nervous excitement, I then hopped out of my ship… into a “Rotting Planet” !

Atlas? Nanite Clusters? - Plutonium? Thamium9? - What did it all mean?
So quickly near death, I immediately grew a passion for T9. But so scarce.

Sloshing through toxic rain. Mushrooms and fungus everywhere. Bizarre creatures.
A cave sheltered me just before I puked :face_vomiting: and nearly died. Heavy breathing. -Slime.

Only a few more components left. Done! - And I lifted off into the stars :rocket:

11 Likes

Funny thing is, before buying NMS, I watched a Twitch Streamer wiz past a “Rotting Planet”, and then forth I always wished to know what such would be like. And boy did I find out. :roll_eyes: Me and my curiosity!

4 Likes

Disorientated, trying to figure out the flight controls, scared to death of pirates,
A space station came in view - Beckoning, magnetic phenomena drew me inside.

Suddenly I felt not so alone, as ships flew in and landed. But these were all warrior Vy’keen.
“Graaaaw!” Whooshed out a dagger. Another held a much bigger multi-tool than mine. Aliens!

6 Likes

And there it was… :heart_eyes:

Suddenly everything faded from my mind, and all I saw was this…

…worth millions; but I wanted it. :money_with_wings: Vowed to have it someday.—Somehow.

That’s when I realized I had zero units. :rofl:

12 Likes

I then promptly sold all my alien possessions. Needless to say, that didn’t help much either.

4 Likes

❝I've seen things...❞

Eventually I came to see that my starting system had 5 planets, and with very good balance. Even peaceful conflict and decent economy. I then settled on a “Bountiful” planet, of placid blue grass and sky. Gradually building a tree-house base on an island cliff overlooking an ocean view.

Spent so much time on this planet…

Placidica” came to feel like my real home in the literal sense.

Resources were decent variety, but spread quite sparse.—“Rotting Planet”? -Returned, only once!

I eventually repaired a crashed white n’ gold wingless Hauler I came to call “DragonSwan”.

I’d soon come to amass millions, thanks to the extra inventory. Cumbersome to fly though.

Which meant abandoning my super adorable starter ship. But how to do so!?

This proved to be a very slow detachment, and quite literally pained my heart.

I then became a local gold and emeril miner.

Gold from a “Terraforming Catastrophe” planet: “Low Atmosphere” and spooky-starlit day/night cycles, with massive mounds of gold and iridium everywhere. Nearly devoid of all life, there was this constant eerie wind, that echoed with such emptiness.

It was directly out from the Space Station; barely a few seconds flight.

Emeril from a “Parched” planet: Beautiful golden rocky landscapes with moderately cold nights, highlighting the grandeur of every rocky desert on planet Earth. But with a procedural sense of wonder, an alluring mystery I have not forgotten. -and those caves

Here’s a photo shoot on the Parched planet, shortly before I found the hauler…

Into the Time Warp...

All Systems Engaged...

I actually miss my life as a gold and emeril miner. But I have to admit, it was hard work.

Sold a full inventory of each daily…

AND… Bought my beautiful blue dual-wing 19 slot S class ❝EXOTIC LOVE❞!:rose::heart_eyes::wine_glass:

16 Likes

But you know, what’s strange about No Man’s Sky… IS…

:keyboard: I never really feel like :video_game: I’m playing a game. :computer_mouse:

NMS feels like an imaginative extension to real life. Why?

5 Likes

You can see that my prior base became a tree-house. I had to remove some of the rooms atop (due to complexity limits), because these were just serving as placeholders for bio-domes. (Can’t seem to find a photo of the final result, but I think you can visualize.) I gathered hoards of frost crystal for the domes, and some lower windows. Grew the rest from frostwort as I went.

But if I ever do raise a tree-house again, I’ll use different building supplies. Curb that complexity limit.

And suddenly I recall…

Searching the frozen wilds of a wintry planet at night, was such a ‘chill’ experience.
The ambient music of glittering bells, was the best soundtrack for such a moment !

15 Likes

HOLY MOLY Crim! Thread officially hijacked :wink:

A lot to digest in one go, but that Base design is a great way to finish it… Amazing :+1: :beers:

5 Likes

Just found this on twitter. Is this for real? Never seen anything like it.

12 Likes

That’s definitely a new head for Diplos; I’ve never seen it before.

7 Likes

Crazy cool base.

2 Likes

@sheralmyst I have actually seen heads like that before. Maybe 2-3 times.

@Crimsontine Indeed I did. Great posts, by the way! It was a fun story to read and great photos to go with it.

2 Likes

13 Likes

Dude, your base is SICK!! Mine is just a bunch of circles with a weed dungeon underneath

6 Likes

A) Nice Base
B) Nice Squid
C) Is that a genuinely ‘white’ freighter?!

4 Likes

I concur - I once had a unique style base but then I contracted ‘farming brain’ which afflicted me with the basic habitat and <300 Fungal Cluster plants :mushroom: :rainbow: :peace_symbol::v::star_struck:

5 Likes

Thanks.

Yes genuinely white after reset. It was white/green at first.

10 Likes

Truly awesome! - I feel Freighter-Envy rising inside me! never seen anything like it … Been chasing an S class Freighter for a while now (turned one down before I could afford it!) and settled on a B class 33 slot until one comes along - same style just longer & black/blue.

3 Likes