No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

It’s my original planet on normal mode. So I guess it’s kind of cheating. lol

I didn’t restart (yet?) and all the stuff I documented there is still in the logs. While waiting for my base quests to unstick I’ve decided to prowl around and fall into holes in my Roamer scavenging as many nanites as possible so I can buy the freighter upgrade when I find it. Don’t even have a freighter yet. LOL

Also I’m putting the new compass to good use. Continuously heading South hoping to circumnavigate the planet. So far it is keeping all the borked Circle-?s behind me.

Something to do while I wait for the time-space ripples to settle down after the Cosmic Inversion. This planet is toxic and there is a sickening vignette that bugs my eyes and gives me a headache. So when my base quests are done I’m outta here! :grimacing:

3 Likes

…and some more before I return to the simulation.

Mystery Special:

12 Likes

A new hope

7 Likes

Had this as my wallpaper on my phone from the pathfinder-update

9 Likes

Interesting, I was using it (heading south also) to avoid running in circles. While I did so, a thought occurred to me. Are North and south “general” direction markers or are they actually pointing toward poles? If it were a pole, following the marker would eventually fail when you reached it and you would end up walking in a circle trying to follow it. I never found it so I’m not sure.

4 Likes

Before starting NMS this was just a plain old landscape painting that I wasn’t happy with. I could see the lines of movement were all pointing to one spot, but couldn’t think of anything that needed to go there. @Malveka suggested (as he often does) that it needed a spaceship. Excellent idea, Mal! (Getting that planet/moon in behind the clouds was interesting, but with acrylics not impossible.) 8"x10" Acrylic on canvas

EDIT: Uploaded a better (less dull) photo of it.

16 Likes

For mandalor

9 Likes

Cool but scary looking

13 Likes

The view out of my front door

18 Likes

5 Likes

14 Likes

David and Goliath

7 Likes

Heavy Traffic