No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

My home planet pet.

8 Likes

Another massive picture upload!

Here a few pics I took of some exotic planets I’ve found on my travels

13 Likes

Love how your ship blends in with the pillars in that last one!

6 Likes

It looks good in a pic, but it’s not so great when actually looking for it! :laughing:

4 Likes

I feel like I could just jet right over.

Butterflies.

I have had many jobs and titles, but I never expected to add “GekNip dealer” to the list :sweat_smile:

Also, he looks surprisingly like Polo :wink:

17 Likes

Planet Noir - Comic Strip

Hi fellow Travellers!
Since my english is not the best, I asked a Traveller friend to help me out with proper english for this comic strip. My friend Adreu not only helped me with the text, he wrote the whole story, while I was focused on the graphics. So credits go also to my friend for his fantastic support - I think it’s great how people meet over the net, sharing the same passion and create something together, like here in the CSD community.

It took about three weeks, a dozen of correction runs and hundreds of screenshots to create this comic strip.
I hope you enjoy this little story in the cosmos of No Man’s Sky!

Open the summary to read the complete story or download the comic strip as a PDF file here:
http://touristarr.com/PlanetNoir.pdf

Summary

18 Likes

Love it! Last pic is really awesome. Imagine the stories you will be able to write once NEXT arrives. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! Looking forward for the NEXT inspiration! :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’m so impressed! Thanks to both of you for a cool NMS comic!

I have one suggestion for future issues: Could you change the in-game text to match the language spoken?

I love this comic and I will treasure it always. Thanks again!

Many thanks @TravelEcho, your feedback is much appreciated!
That detail just shows that this journey and discovery of Planet Noir was authentic (unentdeckt = undiscovered).
But you are right, the in game language has been changed to english on page 4. :wink:

2 Likes

you are a sweetie! <3

You inspire me to make some more comics using screenshots.

I have four 36x36-inch paintings to finish first, though! So I need to focus on that.

Will you be making more comics soon™?

2 Likes

No concrete plans for new comics, ideas come by themselves or while playing this inspirational game. But I could imagine with the NEXT update we might be able to create much more dialogues in the comics. We’ll see, and maybe we can create something here together… :writing_hand::milky_way:

PS. Looking forward to your paintings and art work!

4 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

However this series is not NMS related. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Right after I took this shot, this guy took a step sideways with his huge back foot and sent my nomad flying about twenty feet!

11 Likes

Follow the ley lines to locate the portal they said:

Charge the portal and go through and this is on the other side:

I was so busy taking photos (ever the explorer!) that I didn’t notice there was a countdown happening. Suddenly I was whisked off to have a long confusing conversation with the Atlas:

I refused the request, asking for more information. Apparently that pissed it off, so it sent me to this gorgeous paradise planet --with a recipe for something I should craft as a reminder to have more respect for the Atlas I presumed. Oh and the Atlas had it’s little joke. The paradise planet had extremely hostile sentinels! After a panicking and killing a few, I remembered I could call my ship and flew off planet and warped to the next rendezvous with the Atlas.

At last, I had the coveted Remembrance recipe! --that didn’t show up anywhere in my logs!
So back for yet another confusing convo with the Atlas.

This time it really looked pissed!

So I thought I would try to be more agreeable this time and see if that would help our relationship. The result? Another recipe. But this time it showed up, though what it’s for still eludes me:

I decided to have a look around this system. It seemed pleasant enough.

After my next warp along The Path, I found the Atlas to be more their Jolly Old Red-Orby self, so I decided to stay agreeable, and was rewarded with yet another recipe. One that wanted to use the item from the previous recipe. Was I on to something here?

A little more exploring and I shall use the new warp cells I found there to try another interface with the Atlas.

On with the Journey into the Unknown!

18 Likes

When I got the Remembrance formula, I couldn’t find it either. I finally realized that it was something to be crafted, not installed in my exo-suit, multi-tool, or spaceship. It took me a while to understand that.

7 Likes

Just a clarification for others… These Atlas blueprints are for craftable items, not tech. Remembrance is exosuit tech (contributes to shield bonuses). Their source & appearance is similar which is often confusing at first.

4 Likes

Yes! I looked for it in my exosuit crafting recipes and It doesn’t show up there either.

2 Likes

WOW!!! The comic looks amazing! :grinning:

4 Likes

Remembrance IS an exosuit upgrade.

3 Likes