No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

I just fixed my PC survival mode save where my harvesters and portal got corrupted with the “superconductive lock” bug. It happened after an extensive debris-harvesting trip, to gather nanites to buy a bunch of tech. Fortunately I had backed up a working save from just a couple days earlier (only a few hours in gameplay time). I did some spelunking & experimenting with a savegame editor, comparing the saves, and tracked down the general problem area. There’s a large section that records the state of all unlocked/charged devices. I basically just copied the older working section over the newer broken one, and everything works again (for now).

I think the game is saving more debris-unlock entries than it is able to reload. Then when it tries to reload them, they improperly overflow into other devices like the planter/harvester/portal charges. When I get some more time, I’m gonna see if it’s possible to safely clear out just some of the debris entries, instead of replacing the entire section like I did.

3 Likes