No Man’s Sky—Game Details & Investigations: Portals/Seeds, Atlas/Loop16/Emily, Atlas Foundation/Tech, OldGods & More

possibly, problem is you won’t get all 3 types of flags on one planet(at least i haven’t heard of this). Could possibly get all 3 in a system but could be difficult

1 Like

MrUnnoticed reporting for duty.

4 Likes

I’ve always assumed that the infamous “big ball glitch” was related to the balls at the ruins. At first I thought the sentinel icon overlaid meant maybe you had to get a sentinel to shoot the ball but my own experimenting didn’t yield anything. I do wonder, with the addition of the word icon on top after Pathfinder, maybe I had to push it into a portal first? Pretty tinfoil-hat I admit.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised there’s so much work done on the portals in the source code, simply because it was a working (to a degree) feature that was shown prior to launch.

Personally I’m more interested at this point in what will lie beyond the portals, rather than the portals themselves. Connecting to another planet would provide somewhat of a solution for people who want multi-biome planets, but I suspect if they come to be a part of this ARG and update they will connect to another universe or time.

@CosmicPotato I have always wondered if the balls were connected to the portals somehow, as they seem such a weird feature to leave, but considering the distance and the terrain, probably not.

1 Like

Agreed, hence my “tinfoil hat” comment :grinning: but there’s got to be something to ruins right? Otherwise why have observatories always point to them? We can get words and lore from plaques and monoliths, it can’t just be that. I also wonder if they may be tied into the First Spawn since ruins are apparently Gek in origin. (On a side note, anyone else think the legendary “Sand Snake” from the trailers is a Gek First Spawn?)

1 Like

It has been done, very early on. No effect

1 Like

Well, I think originally the observatories were supposed to point to off-world anomalies, which would make sense as they are…space observatories. Even some of the narrative text for the observatories reflects this, which I guess they never got around to changing. I think when they rushed to launch to the game they just needed something for them to point to and chose the ruins.

2 Likes

What you saw working is not what we currently have. I tried to explain that at the opening of my post. The trailer portal is still in the files, and is unused. (On our side)

1 Like

In 1.00, the observatories led to crashed ships, and yet transmission towers did too. Ruins were in 1.00 but were hard to find without some form of help. In a two week session, I found two portals and zero ruins.

1 Like

More info

Atlas Seeds

2 Likes

:dizzy_face: Mercy!!! Started a thread and you guys wrote a novel. I’ll try not to miss anyone. So appreciative, ‘thanks’ is underrated {hard swallow}

Intergalactic @CosmicPotato, big @MacForADay {great vids by the way! lol}, Prof. @Adeptus_Veritas, Dr. @ScienceofArt, superluminal @snackcake {and don’t you forget it}, “THE” @FrankPoole, legendary @Swampthing3000, @kr8ght (aka. crate; which is ‘ETARC’ backwards - it was intentional), mega @gunnar (with an ‘er’), almost unnoticed MrUnnoticed, @solarparty extraordinar and everyone… Having fun with words here :rofl:; forgive me…

WOW! What a lot you all have experienced. Thank you for sharing with everyone!!!

2 Likes

Our Purpose

I think it’s great that we express a combination of our personal observations, various thoughts/theories and also those that are community-wide held. This way we provide a really thorough “KNOWLEDGE-BASE” for everyone to draw from, as we progress through the NMS WT/Cassette ARG and beyond. Let’s be relaxed, and let’s have fun!

Our purpose here is to provide knowledge for WT investigators to draw from, and for others to have a fun time reading. :smiley:

1 Like

Let’s keep this up!

What do we know about Portals/Monoliths/Ruins?
…any directly related lore? …discoveries? …comparisons?
…details/findings? …varieties? …questionings? …etc.

6/22/2017

I added ‘Ruins’ to the title of this topic.

Special Announcement…

On June 21, @CobraTV received the Waking Titan ARG package of “cassette tape #9 /16” from Hello Games (No Man's Sky Waking Titan. 9 of 16 - YouTube), thus officially linking WT ARG and HG NMS Cassette Tapes ARG. Tape 9/16 investigation goes here + side a / side b.

Note that “portals” were mentioned in the prior tapes, sent to Reddit moderators.

See original question above …Let’s amass our knowledge!
Portals/Monoliths/Ruins discussion continues below…

1 Like

Portal… Manifold > Euclid …Atlas? …Titan?

A prior user drew comparisons between “manifolds” and the portal entrance; plus textural markings. That the 2 seemed to share particular similarities. Including that the use of the word “Euclid” was used in the definition. And due to the geometric nature of “manifolds”, the word “Atlas” kept surfacing to mind. Interesting! @Renegade

Whether this leads to anything or not, I believe this is a good observation.

“Euclid” is the name of NMS’s 1st galaxy.

“Manifold” is defined…

However, when looking up ‘atlas’, well I find many definitions.

The 1st one that immediately comes to my mind, of course, is “a collection of maps”.

“Atlas” is defined…

But then there is mythology…

…Now we begin to surface the word ‘Titan’.

But ‘atlas’ can refer to much more! Click to be overwhelmed :bulb::interrobang:

Is any of this useful toward “Portals”? (…or Waking Titan?)

I don’t know. But it’s interesting. And thus it is written.

2 Likes

Almost unnoticed @MrUnnoticed, you have been summoned.

2 Likes

As far a Portals being directly related to lore, there seems to be a few instances, which is debatable. It’s part of the Vy’keen lore and speaks of a Great Monolith. There are multiple instances in their lore of this great monolith.
Here is all of the Vy’keen’s lore except for a few post-foundation tidbits. https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/506522/spoilers_testament_of_the_vykeen/

1 Like

Wasn’t there something in the first Waking Titan PDF file about ‘seeds’? This is all a lot to parse so I might be wrong :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Every one of you is a dream come true to me. My mind is racing right now!

3 Likes

It does reference seed codes, yet I don’t think it is anything we’ve encountered so far yet (or we haven’t noticed).

Pdf1:

2 Likes