NMS Lore & More (SPOILERS!) - version 1.38

Crashed Ships #3 - NMS_UPDATE3_ENGLISH

Had to split due to character limit. This part contains: Traveller/4th Race.

Crashed Ships #3 - NMS_UPDATE3_ENGLISH
ID Value (text)
Traveller/4th Race
Text/Options/Results
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_1 This vessel resembles the first ship I ever flew, the one from which I awakened. It seems to have belonged to a fellow Traveller.

The ship’s log reveals that they never made it to the stars. Their vessel was caught in an electrical storm shortly after awakening. They spent their whole life trying to fix it, but were too afraid to take off.

They died alone. Within the vessel, I find the scattered remnants of their supplies.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_1 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_1 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_1 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. The Traveller appears to have found much of worth on their world.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_1 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters harvested from abandoned buildings. Nothing else is salvageable.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_2 The ship appears disabled, crashed… but the logs reveal I am not alone here.

A Traveller sits on the floor of the vessel, appearing to glitch in and out of existence with each passing moment. They are bleeding, unable to speak…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_2 Scan anomaly
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_2 Comfort Traveller
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_2 I scan the anomaly. My exosuit begins to spit out error messages, warning me to stop what I am doing. The Traveller cries out as I approach, attempting to alert me to some nameless threat…

I find something, an object caught between worlds. I pull at it…
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_2 I attempt to comfort the Traveller, but they cannot hear me.

I search the rest of the ship and find valuable cargo within. By the time I return, the Traveller is gone.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_3 The black box projects footage of the craft’s final moments. Multiple Gek fighters surrounded the vessel, demanding that the pilot admit their guilt and surrender to final sanction.

It appears that the pilot was a Traveller, accused of a conspiracy to assassinate a Gek Trade Lord. It is unclear whether they survived the attack.

The ship’s control panel appears to still be operational.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_3 Analyse black box signal
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_3 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_3 I attempt to analyse the black box signal using my scanner. My exosuit begins to issue error messages, claiming that existential collapse is imminent.

FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_3 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. I find records that confirm the Gek accusations, but no clue to the pilot’s motivation.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_4 The black box reveals the ship is stained with the blood of at least two species. Vy’keen warriors pursued the pilot across three systems before blasting them out of the sky.

There were two individuals on board: a Traveller and a Vy’keen Mech-Priest. Injured, the pair fled from their enemies, transmitting data before they left. It appears that this priest was some kind of fugitive…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_4 Analyse black box signal
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_4 Report fugitive
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_4 I attempt to analyse the black box signal using my scanner. My exosuit begins to spit out error messages, warning me to cease my scanning. The equipment appears to be linked to another universe. I find something, an object caught between worlds. I pull at it…
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_4 I report the death of the fugitive, bringing an end to the authorities’ investigation. I am rewarded for my help by the Vy’keen, though they are clearly suspicious of the involvement of another Traveller.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_5 The vessel seems to have belonged to a fellow Traveller. The computer reveals they visited many systems and named many worlds, discovering more new species than many will ever see.

But they saw something they should not have seen…

There is a holographic box deep within the ship. Korvax approached the crashed ship, dozens of them, surrounding the Traveller as they died. The Korvax claim that the Traveller should not have tried to run…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_5 Analyse black box signal
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_5 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_5 I attempt to analyse the black box signal using my scanner. My exosuit begins to spit out error messages, warning me to stop what I am doing.

FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_5 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_6 The ship appears to be pristine, all systems functioning. There is no sign that this vessel was ever inhabited, let alone that someone died here.

I see it on the terminal, the only video footage left on the system. Sentinels surrounded the Traveller, murdering them for mining large quantities of Heridium. But the footage does not explain the newness of the ship.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_6 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_6 Access ship’s computer
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_6 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. It appears to have been left for me, a message welcoming me by name.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_6 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. The systems contain multiple video files showing me on my journeys, appearing to have been recorded at reasonably close distance.

It is unclear who recorded this footage. It is unclear whether I was meant to see it.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_7 The vessel crashed long ago, containing only a few data logs uncorrupted by time and decay.

They reveal that this ship once belonged to a Traveller, a devotee of some ancient religion.

At the time of the ship’s crash, they whispered of eldritch light… of the crimson that deceived…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_7 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_7 Scan anomaly
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_7 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable but arcane prayers and ciphered logs…
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_7 I scan the ship. My exosuit begins to spit out warnings, claiming that I am at risk of imminent non-existence.

FOURTH_CRA_DESC_8 The vessel bears the signs of catastrophe, not merely from the moment of its crash but from the causes that preceded it.

The vessel contains a series of instruments designed to analyse water samples. Several of these samples appear to have burst open as the ship came under attack. For a few moments, the ship fell into non-existence, its pilot dying a hundred deaths…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_8 Scan anomaly
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_8 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_8 I scan the anomaly. My exosuit begins to warn me of a hazard, particles from the water samples still present in the air.

I begin to see things, mirror images from a world that never was. I convulse, finding something, an object caught between worlds. I pull at it…
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_8 I search the ship and find some supplies, apparently untainted by the earlier disaster.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_9 Although there is no trace of the pilot on board the vessel, all systems appear to be operational nonetheless.

The ship was charting a course to a region known as the Keleibniug Mass, bearing the yellow insignia of some far-off alliance.

The pilot appears to have been carrying a message for a King from another universe… the black box shows that the vessel was fired upon by an unknown force.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_9 Analyse black box signal
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_9 Access the ship’s computer
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_9 I analyse the black box using my scanner. The pilot appears to have been communicating across vast distance, with beings unable to reach them.

But something happened here. Something found a way through. I discover an anomaly, an object caught between worlds. I pull at it…
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_9 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable but the logs of various worlds claimed by each faction.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_10 The bodies of two pilots lie slumped across either side of the ship’s interior.

One seems to glitch in and out of reality, whilst the other stares, motionless. It is unclear if they are alive.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_10 Scan anomaly
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_10 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_10 I scan the anomaly. My exosuit begins to spit out error messages, warning me to stop what I am doing.

FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_10 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable.

As I leave, the pilots appear to turn towards me, and then vanish.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_11 The vessel seems to have belonged to a fellow Traveller.

They warped through three black holes and sixteen star systems to reach this world, to try to find the site of their beloved’s suffering.

But they were betrayed. When they got here, they discovered there was no beloved after all. There were only pirates.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_11 Analyse black box signal
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_11 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_11 I analyse the black box using my scanner. I discover the communicator code for this ‘beloved’, coming into contact with the same pirates. They agree to pay me for my silence and cease their activities.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_11 I search the ship and find valuable cargo, the collected goods of an entire life.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_12 An exosuit lies slumped against the control panel, the pilot who wore it long since departed.

The suit’s data logs report an ordinary and somewhat familiar life of intergalactic trade, moving from system to system, building funds for upgrades to assist in making even more money. As if the goal of life were to increase a single number…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_12 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_12 Search for supplies
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_12 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable.

As I leave, the exosuit appears to shift slightly. I scan it, but nothing else happens.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_12 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within.

As I leave, the exosuit appears to shift slightly. I scan it, but nothing else happens.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_13 The crash site smells of decay, a strange buzzing emerging from the distress beacon.

I see crimson light. I see red curtains fluttering in the darkness of the ship.

I see myself, staring at myself. Both of our exosuits alert us to an imminent existential paradox. Only one version can leave this vessel.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_13 Attempt to embrace anomaly
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_13 Attempt to flee
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_13 I attempt to embrace the anomaly. My exosuit begins to spit out error messages, warning me to stop what I am doing or face obliteration.

My counterpart gives me something, an object caught between two worlds. I give them something in return, something I did not know I possessed.

Two Travellers trade and walk away unscathed.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_13 I attempt to flee, but can find no way out. My counterpart walks toward me endlessly, until I am cornered.

I close my eyes and die. I awaken. It was all a dream, I know.

It was not real. I am still myself, aren’t I? I am enriched, full of Nanite Clusters and new purpose.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_14 The ship’s black box reveals that the pilot of this vessel was a Traveller. They appear to have crashed the ship deliberately, inebriated by a variety of alien substances. They were haunted by what they had done. They believed with all their heart that they should die.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_14 Analyse black box signal
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_14 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_14 I analyse the black box signal using my scanner. They appear to have sold the communicator logs and locations of other Travellers for monetary gain, the resulting individuals captured by slavers and pirates.

But there is something else here, something anomalous… I grasp at something in the air, releasing an object from a rift…
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_14 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. Whoever they were, they appear to have been handsomely rewarded for their work.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_15 The log reveals the ship’s interior to be ice cold. Its last known landing occurred at a space station with no living inhabitants.

The pilot disembarked to find a crimson interface, an orb that told them the secret of existence. It told them that they would die within a day. The pilot left, declaring this Atlas to be a liar…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_15 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_15 Scan anomaly
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_15 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_15 I scan the anomaly. My exosuit begins to spit out error messages, warning me to stop what I am doing.

FOURTH_CRA_DESC_16 The ship’s computers reveal that the pilot was in regular contact with Travellers via holographic interfaces.

The Traveller’s curiosity got the better of them. They wished to know who had created the portals. They wished to understand the secret of the final cycle before time itself ran out.

The Traveller found an answer, of course. A listener in the darkness…
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_16 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_16 Scan ship
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_16 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. It appears to have been left for me, a message welcoming me by name.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_16 I scan the ship, discovering a number of anomalous properties.

There is something here, an object caught between worlds. I pull at it…
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_17 The black box reveals that this vessel once belonged to a Traveller. They appear to have ingested infectious matter whilst exploring a derelict world.

They were unable to cure themselves. As their condition grew worse and worse, they hurtled towards the centre of the galaxy. They did not make it.

There is no body. No sign of what happened, but for the footage on the black box.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_17 Analyse black box signal
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_17 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_17 I analyse the black box, discovering that the pilot was in perfect health. Whatever was wrong with them must have been a condition of the soul, not of the body.

But still, the logs are troubling. There are things on this ship that should not be here… objects foreign to this universe. I place one of them within my hands…
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_17 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. It is unclear where the pilot had been travelling before the onset of their illness.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_18 The vessel crashed long ago, but the pilot did not die at once.

They lived on, attempting to survive alone on this world for many years. But loneliness takes its toll. The silence was all consuming.

It seemed the pilot repeatedly placed themselves in danger just to hear the Exosuit’s warning voice. This desperation seems to have lead to their demise.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_18 Search for supplies
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_18 Scan the ship
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_18 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. They appear to have stockpiled much during their time on this world.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_18 I scan the ship, but the results seem impossible. They claim that I am not alone. They claim that I am surrounded by other lifeforms, standing all around me.

I feel faint. As I stumble away, I feel an object slipping into my hands… a gift from another world, or a curse…
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_19 The logs reveal that the pilot was celebrating a festival known as ‘Unification Day’. Groups of similar minds, unable to meet but attempting to find one another, to claim worlds across time and space. Once a year their various alliances, federations, hubs, and empires united to remember all that they were, are, and could become in time…

The vessel appears to have been destroyed by pirates.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_19 Scan anomaly
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_19 Access databanks
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_19 I scan the anomaly. My exosuit begins to spit out error messages, warning me to stop what I am doing. This ship does not belong in this universe.

FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_19 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable but a collection of alternative histories, dissident heresies about the origins of this universe.
FOURTH_CRA_DESC_20 The log reveals the pilot lived in this vessel for a long time, longer than most lifeforms ever live. It reveals a paranoia, a growing fear of the universe they had explored for so many years.

They had begun to hear a voice. They had come to believe that their exosuit was not what it seemed.
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_A_20 Scan the ship
FOURTH_CRA_OPT_B_20 Search cargo hold
FOURTH_CRA_RES_A_20 I begin to scan the ship, but my exosuit appears to prevent me. My power begins to fail. I become aware of an object in front of me.

It is strange how I did not notice it before. And now… now I do not even know why I am here. I should continue my journey, I am sure of it.
FOURTH_CRA_RES_B_20 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. I leave, feeling as if I am being observed.
3 Likes