NMS Lore & More (SPOILERS!) - version 1.38

Crashed Ships #2 - NMS_UPDATE3_ENGLISH

Had to split due to character limit. This part contains: Gek, Korvax, and Vy’keen.

Crashed Ships #2 - NMS_UPDATE3_ENGLISH
ID Value (text)
Gek
Text/Options/Results
TRA_CRA_DESC_11 As soon as I touch the beacon, a holographic image of a reptilian detective appears.

The detective was attempting to hunt down a TradeGek suspected of multiple counts of fraud and embezzlement.

According to the ship’s private logs, the detective had initially looked the other way, bribed to stay silent. It is unclear what made the detective change their mind.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_11 Access databanks
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_11 Strengthen black box signal
TRA_CRA_RES_A_11 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_11 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble, the authorities promising to follow up on this lead.
TRA_CRA_DESC_12 The log shows the downed craft is composed of a patchwork of technologies harvested from multiple ships. Two beaked corpses lie on board the vessel. One against the control panel, the other sprawled against the back wall of the ship.

They appear to have been on their way to fertilise a spawning pool. From the ship’s logs, it is clear that they could not stand one another. They did this out of duty, nothing more.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_12 Search remains
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_12 Access the ship’s computer
TRA_CRA_RES_A_12 I search the bodies, finding a few useful supplies. I leave them in peace, a state they were unable to achieve in life.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_12 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. The remaining data is damaged beyond repair.
TRA_CRA_DESC_13 The vessel crashed long ago, its pilot long since decomposed and forgotten.

The ship’s log reveals that the SalesGek lived a life of unadulterated greed, pursuing profit and wealth with such passion that they lost everyone they ever cared about.

They claimed they always knew what drove them, that there was no point in pretending otherwise.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_13 Search remains
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_13 Access databanks
TRA_CRA_RES_A_13 I check the pilot’s remains, finding a few useful supplies untouched by the passage of time. Their wealth in life means nothing now.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_13 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. The ship’s logs show that the trader was engaged in selling illegal shipments to the Vy’keen. I leave, not wishing to be associated with their crime.
TRA_CRA_DESC_14 The log shows the ship’s interior to be a charred mess of metal and debris. The remnants of a Gek fugitive lie near the ship.

They tried to flee the burning wreckage but died of internal injuries a short time later. They had poisoned the spawning pools of eight rival families, murdering several hundred innocents.

They seem to have been following orders, helping their master…
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_14 Report fugitive
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_14 Search cargo hold
TRA_CRA_RES_A_14 I report the death of the fugitive, bringing an end to the authorities’ investigation. The victims’ families reward me for my assistance. Perhaps now they might be at peace.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_14 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. I try not to think about what the fugitive did to afford such rare goods.
TRA_CRA_DESC_15 The ship’s log reveals that the Gek pilot had left their life of trading and profit behind them. They believed they had earned enough, and wished to spend the remainder of their life roaming the galaxy and pursuing new skills.

Friends gradually joined the so-called ReneGek, and a whole movement began. The Trade Federation did what it had to do…

Fire spread through this ship in the moments after its crash, burning the pilot and their companions to cinder.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_15 Search remains
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_15 Boost distress signal
TRA_CRA_RES_A_15 I check the pilot’s remains, finding a few useful supplies untouched by the passage of time. I leave them in peace. Even the Trade Federation cannot take that from them.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_15 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble. The Trade Federation does not wish the Gek to become a martyr.
TRA_CRA_DESC_16 I track down the ship’s black box. It springs to life, projecting the image of a trader recording a message as the ship’s systems malfunction around them.

They were delivering relief to impoverished Gek, in defiance of the orders of the Trade Federation. With their dying words, the Gek Trader condemned the malice of their people.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_16 Report vessel
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_16 Search cargo hold
TRA_CRA_RES_A_16 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble and the Gek immediately request the deletion of the Trader’s final transmission.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_16 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. The star charts are too damaged to know where this relief was going to, and there is no point in letting it go to waste.
TRA_CRA_DESC_17 The log shows this vessel to have been luxurious. Although much of it have been destroyed, the craft seems to have been laden with a small fortune in valuables and expensive supplies.

The vessel was a funeral ship for the child of a Gek Trade Lord. They were sent off into the stars with an offering of wealth, as was the old way.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_17 Search for supplies
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_17 Access databanks
TRA_CRA_RES_A_17 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within, possessions meant to honour the dead child.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_17 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable. The ship was not meant to survive for very long.
TRA_CRA_DESC_18 The vessel crashed eons ago, its pilot long since decomposed and forgotten.

The black box shows the Gek crying as the ship’s systems begin to fail. They were bankrupt. They had lost everything…

They believed that it was better this way.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_18 Search remains
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_18 Access the ship’s computer
TRA_CRA_RES_A_18 I check the body, finding a few useful supplies. I leave them in peace. Their worries are finally at an end.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_18 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable, the pilot’s ship already in poor repair before the crash.
TRA_CRA_DESC_19 The log shows these Gek were on their way to the Grand Festival, an assembly of Trade Lords and their employees from across the stars.

There they prayed to the Atlas and divine luck, their worship manifesting in an extravaganza of gambling, GekNip, and fireworks.

They started the celebrations too early. They never saw the asteroid field…
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_19 Search cargo hold
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_19 Boost distress signal
TRA_CRA_RES_A_19 I search the ship and find valuable cargo amidst the great kegs. It would have been a fine Festival, no doubt.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_19 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble and the Gek elders bemoan the loss of yet more talented employees.
TRA_CRA_DESC_20 The log is showing active inputs to the cockpit systems. Investigation reveals the body of a trader crumpled against the ship’s controls. Their death appears to have been an accident.

They traded in bonds, care contracts for the old and infirm. The Gek are born in vast spawning pools, and it is to such a place they return, to seek the comfort of the crimson water before their death.
TRA_CRA_OPT_A_20 Search remains
TRA_CRA_OPT_B_20 Access the ship’s computer
TRA_CRA_RES_A_20 I check the body, finding a few useful supplies. I leave the fallen trader in peace.
TRA_CRA_RES_B_20 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. The logs reveal that the fallen pilot was stealing units from those they cared for.
Korvax
Text/Options/Results
EXP_CRA_DESC_11 The craft’s emergency systems have been activated. A hologram appears before me, the lights on its mask constricted and crimson.

This Korvax Sentry had been pursuing a carapace that had disconnected from their Convergence. Displaying unusual and even heretical signs of independent thought, the unit had attempted to lead a rebellion against its fellow Atlas worshippers.
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_11 Report crash
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_11 Search cargo hold
EXP_CRA_RES_A_11 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. The Convergence rewards me for my trouble, promising to pursue the heretic to the end of the universe.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_11 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. The sentry had clearly prepared for a long pursuit.
EXP_CRA_DESC_12 Although damaged, the data banks of this vessel look as if they could be brought back online.

The electronic pilot of the vessel malfunctioned. The connection between their suit and their Convergence had decayed, irrevocably corrupted.

They drifted through the cosmos alone and afraid.
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_12 Access databanks
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_12 Strengthen black box signal
EXP_CRA_RES_A_12 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable, the terminals damaged by the pilot’s convulsions.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_12 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. The Convergence reward me for my trouble, mourning the loss of their friend.
EXP_CRA_DESC_13 Everything on the research ship appears to be operational, apart from the engines. The ship’s logs reveal that the electronic lifeform was studying galactic trade.

The Korvax were trading more from curiosity than necessity. Profit, loss, accumulation… these concepts are alien to them, and they seem to have been trying to understand other lifeforms better.

They were fired upon in a deal gone wrong. The study ceased.
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_13 Search remains
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_13 Search cargo hold
EXP_CRA_RES_A_13 I check the pilot’s remains, finding a few useful supplies untouched by the passage of time. Their suit appears strangely vacant and limp.

Whoever inhabited this suit seems to have somehow escaped before the moment of death. How, I cannot say…
EXP_CRA_RES_B_13 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. Even if it did not come naturally to them, the Korvax appears to have been an excellent trader.
EXP_CRA_DESC_14 The log shows the shell of an electronic pilot, its systems failing, its protective casing cracked.

The Korvax appears to have fled justice. They had been caught falsifying research data and experiments. They offered no explanation when they were caught, no purpose for their malice. They only flew…
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_14 Report fugitive
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_14 Access databanks
EXP_CRA_RES_A_14 I report the death of the fugitive, bringing an end to the authorities’ investigation. I am rewarded for my help, the Korvax dispatching one of their Sentries to this world to examine the crime scene.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_14 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable. The Korvax seems to have paid little attention to the maintenance of their machines.
EXP_CRA_DESC_15 I find a holographic black box playing on an eternal loop. The electronic pilot of this vessel was considered a hero among their people, awarded a rare degree of autonomy from the Convergence as a result.

They appear to have been responsible for deepening their species’ relationship with the Sentinels. It is unclear how they accomplished this.
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_15 Search remains
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_15 Access databanks
EXP_CRA_RES_A_15 I check the body, finding a few useful supplies. Several unusual components are attached at key points along their exosuit.

It glints like the shell of a Sentinel. As I touch it, I feel the hum of the universe itself. I leave, shaken by my encounter.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_15 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. The pilot was using them in an attempt to commune with Sentinel drones…
EXP_CRA_DESC_16 The stricken craft’s black box reveals the final voyage of the electronic lifeform within.

The Korvax pilot appears to have been ancient, its intelligence and technology utterly incompatible with the present form of the Convergence. Such entities apparently pre-date the fall of the Korvax homeworld, drifting through the universe with a faint memory of long-lost glory.
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_16 Report vessel
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_16 Search cargo hold
EXP_CRA_RES_A_16 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble, the Convergence dispatching ships to recover their ancient comrade.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_16 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within, much of it untouched for a hundred years or more.
EXP_CRA_DESC_17 Fire spread through this ship in the moments after the crash, but the logs reveal that the pilot was already dead.

This was a funeral vessel for a Korvax leader, its suit held in stasis at the centre of the craft. Traditionally the species recycles such suits for new lifeforms, but for some, their death presents an exception.

Their bodies are sent out to the stars, to return to the Atlas that made them…
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_17 Search remains
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_17 Search for supplies
EXP_CRA_RES_A_17 I check the body, finding a few useful supplies. I leave the remains in peace, hoping that they will find what they seek in death.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_17 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. The Korvax appear to have carried offerings on board.
EXP_CRA_DESC_18 The craft’s holographic black box springs to life.

The electronic pilot appears to have grown terrified in the weeks leading up to their death, their systems no longer operating with the efficiency to which they were previously accustomed. They began to forget things.

The crash was an accident, of course…
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_18 Report vessel
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_18 Access databanks
EXP_CRA_RES_A_18 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_18 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable.
EXP_CRA_DESC_19 A hologram appears before me, the lights on the Korvax’s mask waning and mournful.

The fall of their homeworld plays out before me, Gek warships surrounding the planet and bombarding its core. Countless lives are lost, the Gek enslaving the survivors and melting down their bodies.

But that was many years ago. The universe is different now, isn’t it?
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_19 Search for supplies
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_19 Access ship’s computer
EXP_CRA_RES_A_19 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. The Korvax must have been on a mission of some importance.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_19 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable. All other records were purged in the moments approaching the crash.
EXP_CRA_DESC_20 Everything on the research ship appears to be operational, if somewhat obsolete by the standards of other craft. There is no sign of the pilot.

As I explore the ship, I realise I am not alone. I feel it watching me from all around… a soul in the walls… an echo of something that once lived…
EXP_CRA_OPT_A_20 Search cargo hold
EXP_CRA_OPT_B_20 Access databanks
EXP_CRA_RES_A_20 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. There is no sign of the lifeform.
EXP_CRA_RES_B_20 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. As I do, the ship speaks to me. The pilot’s consciousness survived within, unable to leave.

As the system shuts down, there is nothing I can do but comfort them, allowing them say their last goodbye to the world.
Vy’keen
Text/Options/Results
WAR_CRA_DESC_13 The log reveals a cockpit adorned with the trophies of past success, the skulls of criminals and fugitives proudly displayed across the inner chamber.

The vessel belonged to a Vy’keen bounty hunter. They were hunting a criminal, a pacifist with no intention of contributing to the war economy and the glory of the Vy’keen people.

The log reveals that the pacifist shot first. Both are now dead.
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_13 Search remains
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_13 Report fugitive
WAR_CRA_RES_A_13 I check the pilot’s remains, finding a few useful supplies untouched by the passage of time. I leave them in the peace they had denied to others.
WAR_CRA_RES_B_13 I report the death of the fugitive, bringing an end to the authorities’ investigation. I am rewarded for my help, the Vy’keen suggesting that I seek other bounties worthy of my skills.
WAR_CRA_DESC_14 The manifest shows a stockpile of ancient, frequently non-operational, technologies and supplies.

In life, its pilots were old comrades, two Vy’keen warriors united in the pursuit of vengeance, fine Grahgrah, and the taste of final battle. They were old, approaching the end of their lives.

There is no obvious explanation for why the vessel crashed.
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_14 Search cargo hold
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_14 Access databanks
WAR_CRA_RES_A_14 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. The Vy’keen had stocked the ship well for their final journey.
WAR_CRA_RES_B_14 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable, the systems corrupted by whatever caused the vessel to crash.
WAR_CRA_DESC_15 The log shows the ship’s interior to be a twisted mess of metal and debris. It also reveals the crew of this vessel survived the crash.

The ship’s energy and food supplies gradually dwindled, and one by one, the warriors fell. Only one remained in the end. According to the data logs, they should still be here…

But I am alone, aren’t I?
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_15 Search cargo hold
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_15 Search remains
WAR_CRA_RES_A_15 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. Whoever was here appears to have left a short time ago, traces of their time on-board still visible.
WAR_CRA_RES_B_15 I check the crew’s remains, finding a few useful supplies untouched by the passage of time. I leave them in peace.
WAR_CRA_DESC_16 I track down the ship’s black box. It springs to life, projecting the image of a downcast warrior recording a message as the ship’s systems malfunction around them. The pilot was sent to visit a colony of freighters located on the outer edge. There were multiple communities of Vy’keen commoners living on board. They were not warriors, they just wanted to live in peace. Their choice disgusted the pilot.
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_16 Report vessel
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_16 Access databanks
WAR_CRA_RES_A_16 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble, the Vy’keen dispatching ships to finish the pilot’s task.
WAR_CRA_RES_B_16 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing is salvageable bar the image of someone close to this pilot, likely their consort or some other family member.

Their loved one will never know what happened to them.
WAR_CRA_DESC_17 The ship’s logs reveal that it was carrying two halves of a slain warrior. They were being sent on autopilot to the home of their ancestors, so that their family might see them one last time.

There is no habitation here, no survivors who might greet the ship. There are only Sentinels, watching from afar.
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_17 Search cargo hold
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_17 Access ship’s computer
WAR_CRA_RES_A_17 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within. The pilot had ordered gifts and supplies to be brought home with their corpse.
WAR_CRA_RES_B_17 I access the ship’s systems, extracting a quantity of Nanite Clusters. Nothing else is salvageable, the computer too damaged to reveal anything more.
WAR_CRA_DESC_18 The black box projects footage of the craft’s final moments.

The warrior pilot had lost a great battle, a duel to determine the honour of their family’s house. Defeated, they claimed their enemy cheated. They forced a rematch and won.

But the warrior could not live with their dishonour. They cried out as the ship cut through the clouds, and all was ended.
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_18 Report vessel
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_18 Search remains
WAR_CRA_RES_A_18 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble.

The Vy’keen assure me that the warrior’s name will be stricken from history for their dishonourable behaviour…
WAR_CRA_RES_B_18 I check the pilot’s remains, finding a few useful supplies untouched by the passage of time. I leave them in peace.
WAR_CRA_DESC_19 The ship’s data logs reveal that the warriors were headed for an event known as the Sundering, a three-moon celebration of the glory of Hirk. The celebration is popular with the youth of their species.

Yet the journey was long, the craft was cramped, and tempers were tempers. Now Vy’keen lie slumped across the base of the ship, their corpses mangled by the crash.
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_19 Search remains
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_19 Report vessel
WAR_CRA_RES_A_19 I check the bodies, finding a few useful supplies amidst chunks of meat and drink.
WAR_CRA_RES_B_19 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble, the Vy’keen cursing the loss of their youth.
WAR_CRA_DESC_20 The log reveals the interior of the ship to be ice cold. There are several Vy’keen on board, some cubs, some spawn. They died in their parents’ arms.

The ship was fired upon by a passing Gek freighter. They believed the Vy’keen were threatening their trade route. Apparently, they did not check for survivors.
WAR_CRA_OPT_A_20 Search for supplies
WAR_CRA_OPT_B_20 Report vessel
WAR_CRA_RES_A_20 I search the ship and find valuable cargo within, more than should be present on a simple passenger craft…
WAR_CRA_RES_B_20 I log the ship with the authorities, reporting the wrecked vessel. I am rewarded for my trouble, the Vy’keen promising to inform the victims’ relatives.
3 Likes