Base Pics are Amazing

13 Likes

And still I wonder how the hell you do that :smile:

3 Likes

How did you plant the trees on your balcony? I would love to do that on one of my bases!

1 Like

They are trees from the community event. You can put them just about anywhere.

2 Likes

Hi folks, I thought I’d share my “main” base after seeing the amazing bases that have already been shared here.
Frostwort and NipNip growing in the biodomes and a race track out across the ocean. An underwater section that houses a sea lounge and pad for my Nautilon.

12 Likes

Thanks for the info. BTW-Your base is awesome!

1 Like

15 Likes

Wow! Can I hire you to jump into my game and build for me? :grinning: Could be a nice side business. :grin:

2 Likes

If you were on PS4, could be done :slight_smile: Although they’ll all be reset come July when the shiny new base building system is implemented…fingers crossed

2 Likes

Well I hope they don’t … I worked so hard on my 2 bases…

4 Likes

Just how do you do that circular stuff? Is it actually functional, as in does it register as “inside”, or is it a purely cosmetic hack?

1 Like

Its a glitch using pyramids, cylinders and paving pieces. I got it from a post here a while back I think, might have been @DevilinPixy but not sure. For circles I build out a frame and work round it. The structures behave same as normal, registers as inside as long as you keep the inside areas to no more 2 story’s.

4 Likes

Nothing fancy.

13 Likes

Hey all, I started building a sky base in creative and I wanted to know if there are any tricks to go higher than that first base computer lets you. I have heard of laddering bases to go higher, but do not know the method.

Anyone know the trick?

3 Likes

I read here that you can do some chicanery with the save editor and swap beacons for base computers on pc to do that. I play on ps4 though and thought Id be clever by standing inside the limit while building up above it, the result being this…

When i next played and portaled in to the base it was gone but my ship was where the landing pad was, managed to jet onto it :slight_smile:

Edit: The limit from a base comp is about 1000u, if you build on an outcrop your altitude can be around 1500-1600u giving you about 40 seconds of air time. How high do you want to get? :smiley:

6 Likes

As high as possible! Hmmm, let me rephrase - I want to build as high as possible! I think finding a tall location is the way to go for me, thanks.

I found a method with 2 players if it interests anyone. 1 builds up, the second places a comp at the limit and hops on the comp. 1 deletes the base, and 2 claims the comp they are standing on.

5 Likes

I wonder what falling from great heights is like in VR…:scream:

5 Likes

We shall find out this summer! Why else do you think I’m building a sky base? :smile:

5 Likes

I can try the oldschool way :rofl:

10 Likes

Hey! I have some red and blue glasses from the back of a cereal box. Will try it out when I get home, :smile:

6 Likes