1.3 Back Story: Echoes of the Past and Future

I was taken away! What a great read!
Silly me, but at first I took it by a transcript of actual in-game traveler pods! Thought I was reading spoilers of some in-game lore path I was yet to discover for a while, there…
This level of writing! Imagine chop it down to bits, with a code to follow, and being able to read it through com-balls in the actual place it happen!!
I would call that quality content! There is a mod in the works to add a semi-scripted quest… You could create your own just using this… Inspiring. In one word.

3 Likes

I am absolutely loving this, still reading… but this:

and this:

and many other things I could list…all just so brilliant!
Right, will carry on, haven’t finished yet…

2 Likes

…and now I have! :boom:

Realising now it would get quite ridiculous if I pasted a quote for each and every part you wrote that pulled me in, had me either laughing until my eyes watered, or remembering the surge(s) of pain and a world of other things felt in between. It would be easier to simply quote the whole thing so instead of that and being slightly lost for more words here in the immediate, for now I will say that I’m totally in agreement with what @Virakotxa has said, 100%. Absolutely fantastic and please, whenever you can and are in the moment, keep going!

3 Likes

That would be so awesome! Great idea! I’m pretty sure one of our other ETARC creative writers is already doing something like that… >.> In the way the game does. Just leaving them out there hoping that players will stumble upon them. :grinning:

I’d love to know more about the mod you mentioned.

And… :blush: Thank you very much for your appreciation. <3

1 Like

You have indeed! lol

Thank you so very much! Your response is sweet and funny. Much appreciated.
:hugs:

2 Likes

https://nomansskymods.com/mods/origins-a-story-untold/

2 Likes

Wow! What an awesome idea. Thank you for the link. She has put an incredible amount of work into her project. A labour of love, obviously. I’ve bookmarked the page to check how it goes forward from time to time.

@Oshoryu @arpoja @capturleat @toddumptious @Virakotxa @Mad-Hatter @Malveka

I just want all of you who have been so encouraging to know that I have been feeling overwhelmed and moved by your encouraging responses to my story here. So much so that I now consider it to be the prologue to an ongoing story and already have over 2500 words written for chapter one, taking my experience of a pre-1.3 un-re-started normal mode. If you are still interested I will publish each chapter here on ETARC forums for your perusal. We’ll see how long I can keep it up. :grimacing:

This is the first fan-creation I have written since the one I made for the original Star Wars Galaxy (SWG) mmo which like (yet unlike) NMS had such breadth and depth that one couldn’t help but live in those worlds --my favourite was Tatooine.

Anyway. Just wanted you to know how moved I have been by your responses. And I want to especially thank @Malveka for his editorial help with typos and coherence checks.

8 Likes

:smiley_cat: :ledger::rocket:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to read more!! @TravelEcho
You are talented, so I think everyone will be glad to keep reading your wrtiings!!

Keep it up my Citizen!

3 Likes

Thanks once again! As I make my way in game spiralling south on my toxic planet, I am gathering the threads for this next chapter and writing down cool bits that pop into my head. It is making RL a bit weird, living in the story space like this. But it is decidedly more fun than doing laundry. ;`D

Night on this Toxic Planet:

5 Likes

There is another quest mod (the one I was probably thinking, since the one I linked wasn’t really successful achieving its goals) and this one, as I seemed to remember is open to collaborative writing!
https://nomansskymods.com/mods/lost-roads-custom-quest-proof-of-concept/

1 Like

Yes, this looks pretty cool. Thanks for the link.

If I was an accomplished programmer I would make something like this. I generally find collaboration too taxing. lol

Which reminds me, next part of EPF will probably be ready next week sometime, barring [insert difficulties here].

First steps are always modest, and following what others done before. If you feel in the least inclined, you should open that mod and start tinkering… Chances are, changing the text and repacking it with your own version will be doable without much hassle. Proper credit given, that version would be publishable and for all of us to enjoy. Please, go for it!

1 Like

Hahah! No pressure! :heart:

You make some good points. I will keep them in mind for the future. Thanks.