Screenshots 🖼

No Man’s Sky Photographers!

Our journey continues with yet another sci-fi…

Guy asks for a ℞.—Doc says: “Dude, it ain’t writer’s block; It’s traveller's overwhelm!”

Diagnosis reads: “Gameplay, paintings, poems, music, spoilers, majestically bazaar, simplistic, probabilistic, soothing/sublime, adorably monstrous, dangerously cute, joint exploration, solo contemplation, popular, should be popular, probably a good reason not to be popular, that time when the game glitched and ProcGen melted before you as you watched your 16 cohorts be catapulted into dual singularity, Mother Atlas and her Sentinel Minions, ok I made all that up myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, just simple stuff and whatever…”—Dr. Crim | ℞ reads: “Creative Sub-Category

Purge thy Sanity!

May the force be with thy trigger finger :selfie:

11 Likes

:love_letter: Love Letter :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts:

I’m creating this topic a little early this time, so that there’s no confusion. Shortly after the update releases, I’ll hit ‘EDIT’ and replace the above Book Cover with its proper higher quality version.

Nonetheless, Sean Murray and the team at Hello Games wish to see through our eyes, the sights they would never be able to see, otherwise. They’ve given us infinity, :infinity: now let’s show it to them.

10 Likes

We do have some very talented people here with a knowledge of photography. Or if you are like me… don’t know much at all. :smile:
So here is a little 101 to go with the new camera controls in Origins.

This addition is something I have wanted for ages. The ability to control which part of the picture is in focus. Before, there was only one setting for blur or bokeh, as it is referred to in photography.
Now, we can blur either the foreground or the background or both at the same time.
In the above example, I have blurred both.
In the next example, I have blurred only the background which allows me to get in close to the critter I want to feature. If you wanted to focus on something far away, then you would blur the foreground.

So here is how it works. (Someone who knows more, feel free to correct me)

By running the Focal Depth down, you increase the depth of the blur, in other words, the blur is taken all the way to the back of the scene.
By running the Focal Distance up or down, you can adjust what you are focused on, thus turning off or reducing the blur at that depth.
The Depth of Field determines the intensity of the blur.
Field of View is the same as before. Beware that widening the view too much distorts the scene. (Also check your FOV in the settings as this can also have an affect)
It does take a bit longer to set up the shot, but the payoff can be huge.
I hope that was understandable and helpful, :sweat_smile:
Have fun!

9 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

So the nice orange planet I landed on last night, is now an apocalyptic burning hell, :laughing:

15 Likes

10 Likes

The screenshot with your house reminds me of pictures from california… :thinking:

6 Likes

14 Likes

Gonna be very difficult to scan these.

Very fast and mostly underground.
This planet is so hot it even burns underwater

12 Likes

Yep. I can attest to that. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Might get fixed with the patch they released to the 3xperimental branch (Steam).

5 Likes

I am all outta hearts, what a day! :heart:

4 Likes

Dismantling this will be challenging

7 Likes

From a different angle

4 Likes

You may want to wait on that. Patch coming to keep original terrain shape

2 Likes

9 Likes

Can I just say how blown away I am! And I have only been on one planet! Awesome!

4 Likes

One system for me and I feel the same, noticed the shooting stars yet?

4 Likes

Gog is not getting the experimental yet, apparently. Otherwise this should have been fixed already

4 Likes