Yep… Gotta love them S-Class!

2 Likes

the great bird rises high

14 Likes

That was an excellent shot

2 Likes

Thank you, glad you like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the “sunlight through the arch” photo. Nicely done!
:+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! I actually took that to show my friend how the lighting works in the game, but I thought it would be cool to add to the post!

I’ve always wished you could buy the ‘insides’ one ship, then buy and apply the ‘outsides’ of another to it…

3 Likes

All classes (C/B/A/S) of a “specific” ship will always spawn w/ the same body style.
So the body doesn’t change. But everything else does (slots/layout/stats). However…

A similar “separate” ship could spawn ‘circular’.—Gotta remain on the lookout. :eye:

1 Like

A Tale of Travellers Three
After a drought of about four hours of searching for the last Portal Glyph (in Korvax systems) I found my final Traveller (or so I thought…), Tr:avel/er Euru.
After a fascinating but fairly involved discussion, they pointed me to their grave. But I had one more of the three buildings in the complex to investigate before I hared off.

And to my surprise, this is who greeted me there. Another Traveller! The most humanoid Traveller I had ever met. After another, this time very moving story, they also offered me their grave, but since the previous one had done so and I expected it to be my last, I declined their offer. They were disappointed by my lack of interest.

I apologised for causing distress and hurried to my ship and with rising excitement headed for the grave marker. But decided to investigate the next set of buildings on the way. I beamed in on the landing post and entered the building. Only to find yet a third Traveller ! This one, somewhat resembled the first of this strange triumvirate, except for having large, mouse-like ears. I declined their offer, too, to show me whence they came:

Feeling somewhat baffled by these experiences, I decided to not stop at any more habitats or shelters and arrived at the final grave given to me by Tr:avel/er Euru but something wasn’t adding up. The name was wrong. It was the name of none of the three I had encountered in the last hour.

Upon interacting with the grave marker, it turned out to be not Tr:avel/er Euru’s grave, but projected teh image of the second Traveller I’d encountered today, and bearing a different name.

I gained valuable knowledge while gathering these glyphs, yet I am still left pondering the larger meaning of it all, as I suppose we all do in the end. And now I have finally gathered all of the known Portal Glyphs. 16/16.

I have now, like many other Travellers before me, earned the right to go anywhere in this Galaxy and eventually many others. Yet I am left with a feeling of melancholy.The completion letdown. A poignant sadness that spells the pause before the next great adventure. Sixteen fragmented stories, each a small part of a larger one to which I am also connected. I bowed my head in a moment of reverence, then stood and climbed into my ship. We rise into the skies.

Let’s see what’s out there…!

19 Likes

Fascinating journal entry there @TravelEcho - Travellers are a bit like UK buses!

I still find it irritating that the in-game description for glyphs states they are found by ‘entering caves’

4 Likes

Yes, some of the text hasn’t been updated from earlier versions. You will also find that barren, airless planets are still described as having rare resources - which, in earlier versions, they did. But they don’t now.

7 Likes

This is true. The Glyphs however were implemented in Atlas Rises update and so see no reason other than human-error for it being wrong/mis-leading.

2 Likes

It is possible that the actual grave of the traveller is in a cave somewhere nearby and all we see is the grave marker.

Because… reasons. :wink:

Also, thank you! @Kryzla

3 Likes

I think you are right in some way because (not that I know anything about Proc.Gen) nearly all the glyphs I have found are in a cave-like position/setting yet without any ceiling. In terms of Proc.Gen I imagine the code dictates the condtions/position for a Glyph whilst relating directly to ‘cave’ type assets and due to the random and low possibility of occurrence, yields a commonly weird result i.e. I found a glyph atop a tall pillar of terrain which I suspect was created by the ‘cave’ part of the algorithm except with addition instead of subtraction [of terrain].

…Hows that for a guess?! lol

4 Likes

As far as I understand how the procgen in NMS works? Perfect! :smile:

1 Like

Hey guys,

since I just joined the forums and talked about being a long time player of NMS, I thought I’d share some of my prettiest screenshots I made throughout the game.

Not entirely vanilla NMS, some visual modification installed (TrueClouds, HDClouds, TrueWater, SpaceDream)

Summary

Yep, PhotoMode was a great addition to the game!
Although I don’t use the “place sun there” option, since it kinda breaks immersion.

10 Likes

Very nice shots! I usually take my photos vanilla first, then play with the lighting a little to get an artsy shot. I usually end up preferring the vanilla shot though.

Wish there was a single key bind for the camera on PC.

Also, Welcome to the CSD!

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

So much this. Many times I tried to catch a good screenshot of my ship cruisin, but navigating through the quick menu isn’t quick enough to capture just the moment you want to.

Both when I first played the game (after Foundation) and after Atlas Rises I took the first ones vanilla - but the thing that I really disliked was the lack of high quality clouds. They felt somewhat blurred and unclean viewing on other planets.

Not to mention the clouds on the planets themselves. Really hope they overhaul the cloud shader system and add a lot of more variety to them.

3 Likes

Yes! And I miss the ability to do a “fill flash” in daytime. Some shots don’t look as good without it. I do find that I can sometimes use my photo editor to lighten shadow areas and that helps.

[PC] I make the camera the default in the Quick Menu and then use the keyboard to quickly enter photo mode. That would be hard to do if you are fighting off pirates or nasty creatures, but otherwise, it works well.

And here is how my love story ends with my dear TRV01…
I know it is not the best good looking spaceship ever, but I spend 60+ hours gameplay with it, and every picture I posted in this forum was with my pal trv01!

So yesterday I had to take a picture of it before leaving him… for better.

I might feels nerdy, but I just wanted to say good bye to the space ship that followed my journey until yesterday night!

Here’s what trv01 will look like from now on!

A beautiful 48 slots Class A spaceship!

After trying to find something ¨for a couple of hours in between 3 different sessions, I finally found (not the best) but something bigger and nicer!

Cheers companions!

16 Likes