Monsterous Encounters

I discovered the monsters can’t climb stairs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

I don’t have a picture, but a video taken from one of my streams. I made some new “friends”! The Sentinel didn’t want to be part of it though…

9 Likes

I need to collect an egg to add to my collection of Crafted Products. And it’s not going well.

The laser works very well on everything but doesn’t obtain the egg.

Used the Terrain Manipulator to remove all the dirt under the eggs. Down to water. Very large area excavated. Didn’t work. They materialized in thin air and a few fell down but most still were a problem.

Used the Terrain Manipulator on the eggs. Mine must be defective as it produced no usable results.

Used the Terrain Manipulator to build an enclosure around the eggs. They had some problems but still came through the added material.

6 Likes

They must have been created in a Dalek lab :smirk:

DalekVsStairs

12 Likes

I just wanted to see what was in the egg

12 Likes

Please merge with other topic if it exists - place to post all your encounters, tales of escapes and escapades with THE biologial horrors.

Better to whisper…cause in space…no one will hear you scream!

1 Like

I should have heeded this…

20180811102441_1

12 Likes

I found a whole bunch of those monster whispering eggs the other night. I’m a lowbie newbie hadn’t even built my first base yet in my new galaxy.
However, the eggs were around an open doorway to some abandoned building.
I stood in the doorway, and shot the eggs. The monsters couldn’t go inside the building, so it was perfect, and I killed all of them. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s great target practice! I usually just stand on top of the building since they also don’t go up there. But once the outer shell of the egg has been removed by the laser beam, the actual egg is collectable - somehow. Maybe if you’re really quick however I’m not.

Destroy an egg up close, grab the larval core and jump on the building. Wait a minute for the swarm to subside and repeat :slight_smile:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Thank you! That worked great for me!

1 Like

An easy way to collect the eggs is to find an abandoned building with two rooms, connected by a hallway. Shooting an egg on one side of the building usually causes them to spawn on that side. Just jetpack over the hallway and you get some free time to harvest before they find their way around the building. Sometimes they never figure it out and you can harvest all the eggs :+1:

I have successfully harvested about 4 of these at a time.

Getting the timing right on pickup was the hardest part.

Now for the funny part, I was running back to my ship when I got head butted so hard that I flew out of range and it reset.

Hasn’t happened since but damn I was OVER da ridge!

XDragon

1 Like

The technique I use to collect the Larval core is to build wooden walls (first place a base computer and claim the site as a base) around the egg site, then jump in mining laser and collect, the alien horde do not spawn inside and they cannot enter. This technique has been shared elsewhere not sure if on this forum, but it is not one I came up with .

Will try capture a video to demonstrate.

3 Likes

Video of my first ever encounter:

6 Likes

Good reflexes.

I’m too slow. @Aslad’s plan of attack worked for me. Only needed one.

2 Likes

There’s actually five bugs… My multi-tool is missing in photo mode! lol.

9 Likes

I can’t help but laugh at these things…it’s the tiny little back legs…so funny! :laughing:

5 Likes

Tiny little back legs seem to be afflicting a lot of NMS creatures, come to think of it…

4 Likes