Base Pics are Amazing

I like making every thing purple themed, especially purple things. So I’m also on the lookout for a purple planet, have not seen one since next but I know they’re out there. Happy hunts and sleep well traveller.

1 Like

That’s what I’m on the lookout for too. Before Next I always found lushous purple and blue patched planets. Those are my favorites. Those are my two favorite colors. Have not seen one since the update. The skies were always beautiful too on those planets.
Good luck! I hope you find yours too.

Holy shit I might have just found my new home planet! I’ll post my base pic here as soon as I can. It doesn’t have green grass, it has orange similar to the planet that my restored bases is on but at this point I’m okay with that, because it has floating islands, is a paradise planet, and the storms don’t obliterate my shield and don’t last very long.

2 Likes

Went into the system, then flew around on the planet.
Saw the plants.
This is my base now.

6 Likes

If you could give me a picture of the sky, planets, etc from this location I can find it way faster than trying to figure out the GPS of NMS which is maddening…:crazy_face:
I did find the portal and it is a very nice planet.

2 Likes

Ah so you found it in the end?

I came to a somewhat unfortunate realisation though, visitors cannot use the portal I placed so it’s somewhat counterproductive to the purpose of these uncharted outposts :frowning: I remain hopeful some day they will be accessible to visitors :smiley:

I didn’t actually spend much time on the planet myself. I’m just very quickly getting in, making small outpost, and moving on in search for the next uncharted system.

Eventually I’ll do a grand tour of the lot and leave details of the expedition here :slight_smile:

pipe dreams explode very easily so if you hear nothing back on this, someone throw sac venom at me.

2 Likes

I did a bit of research on the limits the other day and noticed that from the Base Computer, you can build up to 150 away.

Run in a straight line with a base building component active, when the build menu vanishes, turn around and your base computer will be 150 (metres? Steps?) away.

6 Likes

Congratulations! The floating islands are awesome aren’t they! And I bet you have some kick butt wildlife as well!

I have good news too! I just found my paradise system. I named it Night’s Paradise Lost. It’s beautiful.
Of course while I was building the base the game crashes several times.
I’ll try to show pics tomorrow night.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Also if you want to build bases on several islands, you can put up to 3 base computers up (1 on each island for example, naming them “NAME1” “NAME2” “NAME3” and then connect them all as long as you start your corridor’s from one base to each other. As long as you have a corridor, I have seen no limits to base size so far.
It seems that if I put up a fourth base my other bases disappeared.

2 Likes

So you could have three bases on one planet or one large one, (made of three bases joined together)

The possibilities for this are now so endless that I feel I have almost too much choice!

1 Like

Been trying out the new building parts, nothing special about the planet or the base but here’s where I am so far.

15 Likes

You sure can. I tested it out on the first day of NEXT and got 30 bases on one planet lol.
But on the islands, if you build more than three bases up in the air, the others seem to disappear.

Also if you are getting griefed by someone who starts building 20 bases surrounding your base, which happened to me on the first day, I build a pile of bases on this one spot to see if anyone could build close to me, or grief me, and they can’t. It’s sad that there are people who grief others bases, especially when there are 18 quintillion planets for the taking. One reason I build on floating islands now is to not get griefed. Even though I’ve kept Network & Voice option on PS4 to keep Network Play Off, for some reason, I ocassionally get someone joining my game, even though I choose “Play game” mode and not join game mode. On the first day, 7 people joined my game when I was building an awesome base the first day of NEXT. I was minding my own business, and one guy came up to me and starting trying to bash my avatar, then another one was just standing in front of me when I was ttrying to lay my bases pieces out. Then he was a jerk and build a base right in front of mine to interfere in the beautiful view I had. So I just don’t go to that base anymore.

2 Likes

About geting griefed. On day 1 I had one guy appear and rename stuff on a planet I was about to make home. Now I just boot randoms as soon as they appear

2 Likes

I forgot to tell you. That base experiment looks killer. I never thought I could make a base by a portal but by God I’m going to because I like portal hopping a lot :smiley:

I’m doing a wooden base on my system that I just found finally its beautiful. I really like to wood a lot. That one yo have there looks great. That is super clever how you have the stairs winding up the tower. I’ve build a few towers and had the worst time figuring out now to get to the top. The little ladder in the door section is so friggen bugged. I tried to build a super high tower and if you get the little ladders up so high, your body ends up buggind out inside the structure, then you have to reload the game. How did you get the stairs to connect like that? That’s awesome.

Happy travels! Have fun!

3 Likes

Thanks its just 9 floor pieces with a box of 4 wall sections in the middle. the stairs will fix to the side of the wall section then a quarter floor panel at the stair top. It goes together quite easily. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I had one player join my game and I wasn’t taking any chances so I turned “Ambient Multiplayer” off and no one has joined me since.

It’s in Options > Network & Voice

1 Like

Most of us know that but the problem is when next first launched it wasn’t working. People could still join your game if you turned it off, you had to start the game offline completely. I tthink it’s fixed now but I’m still going to send a bug report until they gave us the option to play a single player session like I see when I start the game offline

2 Likes

I tried that and I thought it was working until just the other day someone joined my game. I had to turn network play back on so their name showed up on the list, then boot them. Im on ps4 though, might be different on PC

2 Likes

Did you construct that tower yourself or was it the mysterious, “Tower” blueprint you can unlock with the Blueprint Analyser?

5 Likes

Hopefully those tower module, if they make it into the game will be a bit more aesthetically pleasing than the tower blocks from a 1970’s council estate I’m currently building :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes