Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

I’ve just catches up of all what happened during the weekend, I’ll send to you my sentences in the next hour or so. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Nivek, Aelut file received, converted to MP3, and added. Thank you.

2 Likes

On a bus but will record/send audio in soon as I get off this crazy thing!

5 Likes

Sending now!

3 Likes

That’s great guys! @arpoja @toddumptious We still have a few hours until we need to wrap things up!

1 Like

aaand… sent ! :beers:

thank you @Polyphemus!

3 Likes

I just sent 3 sentence files to the TooWeak@virginmedia.com address using the Audacity software.

Thank you again @polyphemus for compiling this information.

3 Likes

Messages received. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi.

Unfortunately you’ve missed a step - which is easy if you’re not used to Audacity.

What you’ve sent me are the Audacity project (.aup) files. These contain information the program uses for the project, but they don’t contain the sound files themselves.

What you need to do is open the projects again in Audacity, the go to File - Export - Export as .Wav

That should give you .Wav files, which are sound files I can use.

Audacity is a bit counter-intuitive in this respect.

Good Luck!

4 Likes

Hey @Polyphemus I sent you a PM with an upload link. Can you check it for me? Wanna make sure I set the permissions right and not mess things up :smiley:

I replied to your PM. For some reason, the message flag is not coming up. I didn’t know I had a message until you told me.

2 Likes

I just emailed some recordings of my warbly nasal voice. It’s funny how different and alien you sound when listening to your own voice being played back.

3 Likes

Got them. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m noticing the message flags have been coming up late for me the last few days. It will notify me of a message I seen like 10 minutes before lol

4 Likes

@Polyphemus haha and my flag didn’t show now that you messaged me. Anyway, I replied to you in the message, can you check it please? I just wanna check one thing… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have resent them as exported WAV files.

3 Likes

Success! Obtained and converted. Thank you.

3 Likes

@Shark4, I got yours, too.

4 Likes

I have been having this problem for several days. I do recall @DevilinPixy making a statement about expecting some changes…don’t know if I have been in this ARG so long I read too much into it or if she was dropping a hint. Could explain things.

3 Likes

@sheralmyst @Matador Yup same here. The fora are acting up lately. Notifications come on my screen up to an hour after I saw the comment or message initially. We need to get Emily up to speed yo! W/ARE is taking over too much bandwidth!!

2 Likes