Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

Yes. There is some delay in the messenger alert meaning flags are popping up way after the message is recieved.

4 Likes

Folks, we are really cooking now. We have a shared Google drive with Discord, and between us weā€™ve uploaded hundreds of your voices to it.

I will keep posting them until the deadline.

Itā€™s all happening!

10 Likes

Better beleive it!! Iā€™m counting 266 files right now! And itā€™s uploading by @Polyphemus and the discords all the time! This is great!!!

6 Likes

Aye!

That was me haha.

Hopefully it sounded decent enough, it was recorded on my 4 year old phone : P

2 Likes

It was fine. As long as it works, itā€™s good enough.

5 Likes

Ok as it turns out, I still have a long way to go with Russian. Iā€™m just gonna stick with English. To be fair, Iā€™ve been only using Dulingo for about 2 weeks, so Iā€™ve only learned the basics. And curse words of course. Those you always learn first.

5 Likes

Sorry. Got delayed. Family stuff. They are on the way. In English (UK), I hope you can understand them.

I sent them to tooweak@virginmedia.com is that correct? Apologies, they are in MP4a as I did them straight off my phone and I forgot to follow the naming convention.

1 Like

Yep. Havenā€™t arrived yet.

Received, converted, posted. Thank you.

5 Likes

Sent all three audio clips!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve already sent a voice sample to the site requesting the samples. Mine was English, saying my own line. I didnā€™t know it had to be a sentence from a wiki article so screw me, I guess.

2 Likes

Received, converted, posted. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hi, iā€™m a Little bit late, but i just send you a Clip in german.

I hope this works, itā€™s an .m4a

3 Likes

@Nepilepsy Iā€™m sure itā€™s going to be fine! Donā€™t worry about it! We have tons of audio and I donā€™t think A&S is going to double check every wikipedia article! :laughing:

Oh, and welcome @leonartan !!

1 Like

Thank you, iā€™m Always watching whatā€™s going on but i have Little time to be part of it this time.

2 Likes

Done. Magically turned into MP3, and sent. Thanks.

3 Likes

Cool, do you Need two more?

We donā€™t need them - we needed 100, and weā€™ve got over 260. But if you want to send them, I will post them.

At this stage, itā€™s about taking part.

6 Likes

Ok, than itā€™s fine i think. Congratulations to everybody and great Job!!

3 Likes

The thing is, we didnā€™t know for certain that the thing with Discord would work. We had to be prepared to make our own submission. And we could have. Iā€™ve now received 117 voice files from you guys.

But then a couple of hours ago @bcatrek got the joint Google drive working. And then we were able to combine the files from both groups - which is better.

6 Likes