V1.38 Bug reporting

Fascinating! That would be incredible to see :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Here is a nasty mean spirited lousy bug HG put into the game.
T9 has been deleted everywhere!!!
No markers for TH … i.e. T9 How dare they!!! lol

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Second Bug: Ghost Plutonium. Was gathering PU about 6 pieces hit the first one and all the rest … poof!

Anyone else seen that?

1 Like

I have noticed columns of heridium and others that blink in and out of sight as I mine them. However, I can still mine them even when invisible. I have not seen crystals vanish unless I accidentaly hit them with a grenade. :astonished:

I have seen both. Sometimes elements are not highlighted by the scanner. And the disappearing element bug is TERRIBLE! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Gigantic plutonium crystals just…gone…

2 Likes

Just reported another bug (PC/Steam 1.37). All my previously charged portals now ask to be charged again, but showing empty slots for the glyphs, making it impossible to use them. New found portals work as intended though, but when saving to reload, they get the same bug. No clue how this happened and after checking previous backups I made, I found this bug to have been present for a while already. If anyone knows of a solution, let me know :wink:

It gets worse.
IMG_0008

This bug affects hydroponic trays, damaged containers, crashed freighters’ buried containers, damaged machinery, atmosphere harvesters, autonomous mining units and portals, with either blank repair/charge/clean ‘slots’ or the wrong image/info pane. Always unresponsive, though. It’s shocking.

2 Likes

Agree: I’ve had the scanner ignore resources just over a crest but highlight stuff half a mile away.
Have had resources disappear (visually) but found continuing on harvesting resulted in a yield anyway so long as you keep aiming true.

That happened to me once.

Oh yes, I have read about this bug and thank you for posting. I was so focused on the Portals when I discovered the issue I now have, that I totally forgot about checking other things. Behold, my few Hydrophonic Trays at my home base are affected as well, showing just an empty slot to charge on all of them. Replacing them will not fix the issue. I am pretty sure that all ‘charge/repair’, or as I believe it is called in the game files, ‘MaintenanceInteractions’ is pretty much affected by this.

I have not yet checked a Crashed Freighter where the Containers need digging up and repair to loot. They had changed with 1.37 to require different repair, often quite expensive, which didn’t make much sense. I had always assumed this was intentionally done and in a way I still do, as it did not break the game, just often no longer worth the effort. I am now starting to doubt this was intentional and may actually be part of the cause for the issue some of us now experience. Pretty sure these containers will now be broken for me as well.

I could have lived with it just being the portals, but considering everything using this same mechanic, is now broken, I will be forced to roll back to a backup from close to a week ago. As this will put me back ±50 hrs of game play and offers no guarantee to not happen again, I will most likely dive into the game files to see if I can fix it instead. Any additional info that leads to this bug or a solution, is most welcome. I will submit another report and let all of you know if I find any solutions. Oh well, as they say … “shit happens”… :wink:

Edit: Just tested a couple of things and noticed the following:
Never placed Harvesters or Miners, doing so appears to work correctly. Replacing Tray in exact same spot, continues to have the issue. However, placing a Tray in a new location works as intended. Sounds promising, but as soon as I save to then reload, they are all affected with the same bug. Basically anything ‘new’ will initially work as intended, but with the issue already present, will get affected on a restart after a save. Causing the area to unload by changing system or otherwise will likely trigger the same issue as well. Once this core mechanic breaks it will affect anything ‘stored’ when re-loaded.

3 Likes

Curious what you did when you had the issue. Did you roll back to a previous save and has this happened again since?

I rolled back and I have not had the issue again

Thanks, that is somewhat comforting to know :wink:

found a planet that had some creatures reported at reported, it list as if no faun exists on the planet, There are 9/9 which I found them all and can not get credit!?

You’ve found the Outer Limits / Twilight Zone of NMS. :smile:

Version 1.38 bug: I no longer get rewards from the freighter Captain when completing big freighter battles. I submitted this on the Help Centre as well.

Be cautious when manually transfering between inventories.
PS4 NORMAL

I’ve had a partial shipment of glass vanish when stacking on the freighter. (4+8=10)…lost 2. :thinking:
Selectively choosing the quantity to craft, then stacking manually is safer.
I’ve also lost Thamium and Nanites in the suit cargo inventory when manually stacking too much. The excess gets lost. (250+400=500)… 150 is lost :sob:
Quick transfer using the transfer menu seems safer but I’m still a bit nervous about it.
Amounts that add evenly to fill the destination slot (250+250=500) works safely…so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mac. I was able to get the freighter reward yesterday. However, I answered the distress message and got a please come for a reward message after defeating the pirates.

(I saw that you didn’t answer the message in your “Hanging Out at the Visitor Center #1” video).

Ok I have found a bug that has happened to me a couple of times now in the last week. I call it a “freighter bounce”… It happens sometimes when I am coasting fast to enter a freighter hanger. The hanger will grab me to start pulling me in and I get bounced off the freighter at the same time. And then I’m stuck traveling backwards and unable to do anything because it’s still trying to pull me in but I just keep moving backwards. After a couple of minutes I just reload my last save… It’s not a game breaking bug. but sure is annoying.

I’ve reported this: while flying in the Omega ship on a planet. It would stop, becoming locked in place, not moving. Speed out be showing positive to negative speeds. Spaceship not moving. Holding the thrust after a few secs will break the lock.