V1.38 Bug reporting

I have noticed both of these also. The asteroid collision seems to stop after stopping my ship then starting again. Nothing seems to stop the invisible collision episodes, however, they only seem to happen on certain planets and it is rare.
I could add to the above list that sometimes on exiting my ship my multi tool fires and sometimes when switching modes on my multi tool it fires. This has drawn undesirable attention from sentinals on more than one occassion.

1 Like

That’s right I forgot that one.
I go to use my multi tool and I blow a massive hole in something…every F$$%%^&^ time!

2 Likes

Yes, this is terrible. More than once I’ve blown up what I was trying to harvest.

1 Like

When you report on here you report to HG.
http://nomansskyforums.net/ is no more.
this is the place

remember: they are always listening and watching

1 Like

I had this issue as well. And I initially though, that the fugitive ship, I got alarm for just before pulsing, reached me and successfully attacking me.
And I was like “wow! Great feature landed silently!”. But then I stopped and there was nothing, only asteroids.
So I continued and reached my destination without further damage, sadly realizing that it was just some stupid bug…

Reported my portal failing to send a player to the correct planet. We are both in the same galaxy Euclid, the glyphs are as shown by the portal but gives the player an error to then send the player to one of the other planets in my system. Changing the first glyph results in the same, with or without error, or ends up on a moon in the same system, but never at the portal on the correct planet.

For more detailed info, see my reply and replies after, here:
https://forums.etarc.org/t/base-locations-discussion-talk/3040/20

That has happened to me a few times now. I find if I wait a second or two in the ship after landing I can avoid it, but once I landed on a pad where it ejected me automatically and I fell through.

Also have an issue where if I’m in a freighter and I land at a trading post, it ejects me out past the edge out the landing zone and if I’m not ready with jetpack, I fall to the ground. I don’t know if it’s always done this, but it would be nice if it could eject you onto the landing pad. As a temp fix when I’m in my freighter I really try to land in the middle of the three zones where I have the best chance of being ejected on the walkway, but it’s a crap shoot.

As mentioned elsewhere…The multitool thing issue where grenades launch instead of mining laser. Yeah, that too.

3 Likes

Freighters are spawning inside space stations.

6 Likes

I have not seen that however, I have had them spawn on top of me and I was trapped inside the freighter. Both times I was in the middle of a space battle. Tried to shoot my way out…not a good idea :scream:

1 Like

This happened to me just after atlas rises update

I think that is called … “A SITTING DUCK”

:rofl:

1 Like

Desperate times call for desperate measures :wink:

Will have to report the same happening when mining those big shiny rocks like Heridium and Iridium at times. Can happen as well with the shiny resources underground though. Big parts just won’t render and you can step/fall through to a lonely pool party.

Also happens when creating huge amounts of terrain with the Terrain Manipulator. I noticed chunks will start getting weird behaviour. Parts will not show/render, leaving holes in the terrain, although seems to not be distance related specifically. Other parts will lose collision with vehicles as well for example. Some really weird behaviour when loads of terrain are created with this tool. Still feel like doing more research on this, although prefer to actually play most the times.

1 Like

Agreed.
Deep resource mining can result in falling through.
Seems the resource can sometimes duplicate resulting in no ‘bedrock’ allowing a fall through.
Been a long standing issue but good to bring it up again since it hasn’t been addressed.

1 Like

And destroying. You can see straight through the planet.

4 Likes

Needs fixing: the violent screen shaking while flying under impulse.
Hurts the eyes,

2 Likes

I’ve encountered the clipping through the floor glitch inside N&P’s anomaly. Running up the ramp from the landing pad I fell through just as the door opened to the "inner sanctum*. Got a nice look under the hood of the anomaly but got trapped and had to reload.

1 Like

seen that meself, I was on my way out.

1 Like

Yep me too.
She’s a rickety old thing. Polo should do some repairs or the basement is gunna end up full of cranky travellers :rofl:

2 Likes

After buying a freighter my ship changed colour from this:

To this

It reverted back after my next warp.
Buy a freighter get a free paintpaint job :smile:

8 Likes