Updates 1.60 and beyond for PS4

I would prefer lower ceilings, but the new wood, concrete, and metal walls are about 20% too short. Many things (such as refiners and teleports) don’t fit in the building unless the ceiling is raised.

In my first base, I had the idea of using 4 towers made from stacked old base modules holding up a central building with conventional stairs. This would allow me to bypass the ladders that take up the center of the room in the old modules rendering the main part of the room useless and making it hard to stop on intermediate floors. The idea was sound, but the new buildings are about 20% shorter than the old ones, so the floors don’t align. One might be able to correct it by adding a short wall on top, but then the stairs don’t reach the next floor. I don’t know what happened there, but it seems that it would be easier on the developers to make all floors a standard height–and much easier on base builders.

Incidentally, at the time I didn’t know the range of the base computer, so I built the central building over it. My space ship now likes to park under the building where it can’t take off. You learn a lot on the first base. Now base computers are nowhere near the buildings. This keeps the ship off to the side in nearly all cases, but after the last update, my ship parks inside one of my building that is nowhere near the computer. In fact, the nose of the fighter is almost touching the teleporter. It’s funny, and it doesn’t keep me from doing what I want to do in the base, so I’m not in a hurry to change it.

3 Likes