Update 1.38 - Live - Bug Reporting/Discussion

PC Steam user Bugs
1 of 2–Just moved a stack of 250 nanite clusters to a stack of 293 nanite clusters within the Cargo section of my suit. Only 250 were moved and the rest poofed. (Then I reloaded my save) Now I’m scared to move stacks around. I hadn’t saved for over half an hour so I had a ton of harvesting and production to redo after the reload.)

2 of 2 --2 hour plants (Cactus and Solar Vine) in Biodomes are now taking between 20 to 30 minutes longer to mature.

I set a timer for 2 hours. Went off and did missions and stuff for the duration. I did not tab out of the game during this time.

Timer went off and I started my stopwatch (this happened earlier, too, so I set my stopwatch this time to double check). Fly back to my base. Plants are not fully grown. Parked my character in front of them and watched the pretty landscape until they popped. (matured). Stopped the stopwatch. 17 minutes extra. Last time I’m pretty sure it was 28 minutes extra. But I didn’t write it down.

Parts of the game apparently get frozen in time while you
– chat with other entities
– use a trade terminal
– open the faction missions window
– look in your log/discoveries/options, etc.
– transfer goods to/from your laundromat (storage containers)
– warp
– use a portal

and if you do all of these over a period of two hours the time lost for plant growth really adds up.

Anyone else notice this ‘feature/bug’?

1 Like

I have to agree… I don’t build on freighters because they have persistency issues for me too. Were not for that… They are theoretically better than a base on everything. But you cannot trust them… Those freighter captains just jettison all your precious belongings at the first sight of either pirates or sentinel ships… and sometimes just to cut hyperdrive fuel cost.
You can only rely on them for the cargo and the ships that are kept on the hangar. In fact, I would love for either a mod or an official feature that would allow us to actually destroy freighters, because… well, those captains.

4 Likes

The negative quantities of T9 must be a bug, hopefully it’ll be patched out soon.

After playing survival mode for a while now, I’ve found carrying Power Reservoirs is better, and safer, to keep the life support full. They’re only a few hundred units at trade terminals so it’s easy to grab a few before setting out to explore.

And zinc; lots and lots of zinc for the hazard protection. Only takes about 40 units of zinc to fully recharge the hazard protection, and it’s readily available at space stations, thankfully!

2 Likes

And sometimes these captains are drunk too

5 Likes

It’s totally unsurprising… Have you taken a look at their controls? Their helm lacks the most basic interaction… They relly fully on automated AI jumping, and in between, they are sitting ducks.

-“Barf Patarff Worff” to you too, asshole, now, can you even take the wheel?!
I bet the floaty ball with the little arms is the one that does all the job.

3 Likes

I couldn’t afford it :rofl: I didn’t have the resources to build them. i will prepare for the next one I come across.

1 Like

Re: your T9 issue , do you mine the rocks in space? There’s T9 up there around the planets.
Also look at the rocks etc on planet, if they have a slight blue tint, they are iron and a platinum mix, mostly iron with 2 to 3 % of platinum, plus others have a mix of T9 in them. It small but still it’s better then nothing.
Personally I try to recharge my stuff with carbon mostly , when it takes it, and save the T9 for planting my plants.

Btw I anyone found and graves in caves yet, I keep look , nothing. Am I doing it wrong or is there no dead people on my planet.

This is my first post/reply be gentle.

2 Likes

Well, there was or is a thread around here somewhere for that grave topic. Basically, you need to find a dead traveller at a space port or planet-side at a depot and take 100 nanites with you in exchange for them telling you where they came from, which for some reason, points you to their grave.

No, graves don’t actually appear in caves. You have to find a traveller and pay him 100 nanites.

Also, were talking about HUGE quantities of T9. In the thousands. It takes far too long to mine it in space, or trying to get it as a secondary element.

And welcome to ETARC. Wait, is it the Atlas forums now?

I have always had a mobile farm which included all farm-able plants, Atlas barrels and crates on my freighter. This is the first time anything disappeared. About 60% of the second level was just gone. I completely removed everything from the upper level and made the first level larger. So far everything is staying and working correctly.

Remembrance was fixed some time back… 1.33 if I remember correctly. I got it right after a patch when I touched down on a planet. I hadn’t read the patch notes and thought I got some bonus.

The T9 was supposed to be spread more evenly around empty planets… at least that’s what one patch note a few patches back alluded to. I feel like it did away with most of it everywhere.

I do a ton of system jumping and the only thing keeping me going is the fact that I usually spend enough time on planets that I stumble across a few T9 plants often enough to keep my warp cell stock at a decent level… however, it feels like I find Zinc more than T9 which to me isn’t right. While I like keeping a high capacity slot or two of zinc for suit shields, there are enough other options to repower them. There are no alternatives for T9 when it comes to building warp cells.

1 Like

Zinc is easy to come buy, kill a dozen sentinels and you have a load.
Too many zinc plants.

T9 I know how to get, I am in the process of changing my 300+ anti-matter to warp cells.
Once done I will make sure I have everything for 4 center jumps.
And be gone!!!

2 Likes

Bon Voyage.
Send us a postcard if you find a postbox :smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE: T9 is not the only resources the problem exists with. I bought all the PU on my terminal and the problem looks like it exisst with all basic resources.

1 Like

Not sure if this helps/is relevant but I just went to a YELLOW STAR (Vykeen) system and both a mould planet and a desert planet had respectable quantaties of T9.
Asteroids still give a trickle of T9 so long as you like collecting truckloads of iron.

Edit.
I see you are more concerned with terminal availabilty or goodies not wild resource gathering.

1 Like

I’ve not received a remember item, at all. So how does one get this?

I’ve built so much now, that I don’t feel like resetting everything.

Sorry if I’m not putting this in the right thread.

remembrance item is a technology item.
I do not remember how I got mine.
Put it in this section is correct.

2 Likes

You know that you get two warp cells at the Atlas space station, plus if you go to each light in the Atlas station, you learn a new word.

I just spent a few hours jumping around a few planets collecting T9 , plus getting attacked by bloody dog like creatures. I jump up on a outcrop and the buggers jumped up there too. Sneaky buggers.

1 Like

lol, yes the creatures are smarter.
I am pass the point of getting anything from the Atlas.

1 Like