They're Coming ARG (Fortnite)

As much as we’d all love to get another ARG, I don’t believe this to be related with NMS or Hello Games for that matter, Just too broad with finds totally unrelated to No Man’s Sky. Hello Games is not even using the Iam8bit store anymore. I did find some links with discussion to keep informed.

The above post has other links included that may be of interest.

Might be an idea to keep an eye on Game Detectives as their discord has some active discussion about it. Not seen any discussion in the larger ARG communities just yet.

Note:
If discussion picks up and appears to be unrelated to No Man’s Sky, it may best fit it’s own topic.

7 Likes

Please don’t move it until we have confirmation Devilin

3 Likes

No worries, I’ll leave it up for now.

Also feel free to check the Discord that was created
(expired)
see new invite here:

4 Likes

In this video, I discuss the evidence for and against the “They’re Coming” Postcards being No Man’s Sky related.

4 Likes

It won’t let me join the discord server, how can I get a valid invite?

2 Likes

Try this one instead:

4 Likes

its these guys isn’t it?

3 Likes

From one of the leaders on the They’re Coming discord server:

HELLO taps microphone Is this thing on? Yes, everyone hello it’s me IDontBeatGames – WE KNOW, OKAY, WE KNOW. We know that VGMWax tweeted out Saturn Ascends, IN FACT, he was in this Discord Server. He doesn’t seem to be the person behind this marketing stunt but seems to know something . On top of this, he literally offered one single statement about the situation and then literally bounced from the server: “Confirming or denying anything would ruin the rabbit chase no? Follow the holes.” Stop. bringing. up. VGMWax’s. Tweet. Thank you.

2 Likes

All they have is two of the postcards that a lot of people got together in pairs. They likely got them in the mail and tweeted about it, there is no confirmation that they’re involved.

2 Likes

One thing about that first card you showed that boomstick (?) received that piques my interest, are the six orbs on it, with the stylized globe with them. Unless I’m misremembering, a star system in No Man’s Sky can have up to six planets in it.

Honestly, if it has anything to do with a videogame music bunch, those cards seem completely random. If it has to do with No Man’s Sky, that sort of conundrum looks to be par for the course. And if that audio file has any code embedded in the audio, no one has managed to crack it yet.

By the way, I know that I’ve been out of action for quite a while, and it has to do with life and death and and family unpleasantness, not some bug thing. But I’m working back to my old involvement. On that note, are there any artists around that work for cheap?? I know it sounds chintzy of me, but currently I’m living way below the poverty line. Oy, life. :no_mouth:

4 Likes

I don’t really have much good to say about some real life crazieness, so I wont yet. My PS4 has been collecting dust for the past month, but I’m ready to play again. The timing of this could not have been better.

1 Like
7 Likes
4 Likes

hmm…I don’t know what to think of it all…

3 Likes

Well, somebody is certainly up to something. No real indication that it is HG so far, though. On the other hand, this forum looked like a message board for ham radio enthusiasts once uppon a time, so I guess anything’s possible?

If it is HG, I would more tend towards “new product announcement” rather than tying into NMS.

Dunno. I always take the “sit back, eat popcorn, and wait” approach. Whoever is organising this, if you somehow manage to drop any hints in the CIA report about UAPs scheduled to come out next month, I’ll be very impressed!

6 Likes

To me, this looks like an advertising campaign pretending to be an ARG.

An ARG should have a slow burn. It should start by piquing the interest of just a few people. It should build gradually, organically.

This stuff is like “HEY EVERYBODY LOOK HOW MYSTERIOUS AND SECRET THIS STUFF IS”.

It’s too in-your-face, too obviously manipulative.

I don’t know what they’re selling, but I won’t be buying it.

9 Likes

Yeah… if this ends up being an expensive stylish marketing campaign for Fortnite skins, I’m gonna be sad :disappointed_relieved: :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

When I had a quick look at the material found, I noticed the postcards appearing a combination of simplicity with impossible and the audio and videos being of poor quality. For that reason, I may hope this is merely advertisement and IF Fortnite, kind of cheap in my opinion, and therefor unlikely? I hope I am wrong though, but this is usually a bad sign for a proper ARG.

6 Likes

It does seem amateurish, but it would also take a LOT of money to mail all this stuff. Who has enough money to do an amateurish ARG on this scale? It’s confusing to say the least.

4 Likes

Mailing a few cheap Chinese DVD players and a whole bunch of postcards across the US, is likely not even all that expensive. At the moment we do not even know this is an ARG or just a publicity stunt. Confusing for sure and working well for whatever intent as it gets plenty attention :wink:

Shouldn’t last much longer … they’re coming … soon™

6 Likes