The Lighter Side of NMS. Graphics Hiccups and Funny Pics

The Community Event always causes something strange to happen. I was just using the Portal on the Space Station…

oh and this happened too.

Thankfully once the systems dried out completely , it started up just fine. :smile:

10 Likes

Box island

Messing around with my exocraft

I picked up this guy when I was out for a ride. Needless to say he did not enjoy it and threw my exocraft into the air several times. Make sure you check how strong an animal is before running it over. :red_car:

11 Likes

WARNING :warning: NOT JELLYFISH PROOF (see reverse for details)

11 Likes

Well, this was really scary. I landed on a very small island to check out the waypoint that was on it. There was a horror right at the shore.

It immediately began to pull me under. I could not fire, could not exit my ship and I had a very hard time breaking free.
I aimed for the sky and put my foot down on the gas, lol, finally escaping its wicked stare.

14 Likes

It can pull ships in? :scream:

6 Likes

OUCH!

11 Likes

So they can pull in entire ships but not exocraft? :smile:
I hope you zendesked this. This is a textbook case where the developer sees the bug report and goes “huh, yeah, there’s an edge-case I didn’t think would ever come up…”.

6 Likes

Well, I don’t know if they can’t pull exocraft. I have not been given ‘the eye’ while in an exocraft. :grin:

6 Likes

They can’t. They don’t react at all to exocraft.

4 Likes

I would imagine they never thought about our ships since they are not supposed to be under water…maybe the Horror was not supposed to be in such shallow water either. I will report it however, it was kinda fun.

6 Likes

Exactly. That’s what we call an “edge-case” in development. Basically a rare state you don’t expect to happen, or think is impossible to happen, or it did never even occur to you that it might happen. As a result, quite often there’s no handling and also no testing for these cases.
And procgen is very much full of them, because those algorithms you wrote tend to do a lot of stuff you didn’t expect… :rofl:

6 Likes

I get a weird black strobe effect in the sky on my homewotld sometimes. This is whats strobing in and out…

Yeah, gigantic exocraft wheel :smiley:

11 Likes

Nothing like taking your planet out for a spin! :red_car:

3 Likes

I have a black square in the middle of the sun on my planet. It flashes on and off.

6 Likes

At one of my underwater bases something is missing:

11 Likes

I noticed a bit later, dead centre of the wheel is a racetrack module and the other side shows its from a pilgrim. strange one lol.

4 Likes

That’s just cillian Murphy refueling the sun, after the end of Sunshine, he transcended to a god like state and is now janitor to the stars.

7 Likes

I get that on my sun (or any sun for that matter) occasionally and I also get it fairly often during teleporter warp. Despite the similar graphics I haven’t noticed it during ship warp or portal travel.

4 Likes

Quite often when I teleport, I learn something new.

One way of making you save money :roll_eyes:

These ruins are most certainly out of reach. Very high!

Speaking of very ‘high’.
“That’s some seriously good nipnip dude” :laughing:

12 Likes

Aw man! I wonder which receipt he would give away… haha

A NipNip Cake?
sean-murray-gif-3

That’s some serious thug life :joy:

7 Likes