Companions update (3.2)

The new update has been released to PlayStation already, but not everyone wishes to be spoiled while other platforms are still eagerly awaiting.

So here is a thread just for that … PET SPOILERS!!!

3 Likes

Not really datamining but https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/NoMansSkySpoilers?src=hashtag_click

4 Likes

Pets

3 Likes

Can not summon them on your Freighter, bummer.
and they talk… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Awww, was hoping this included the Freighter:

Once bonded to you, your new friend can be summoned anywhere – even aboard the Space Anomaly.

I guess it wouldn’t work very well, especially since large creatures are now included for taming. Makes me wonder if pets will even be able to follow you inside a planet base? I know creatures wouldn’t be able to in prior versions.

4 Likes

Large on planet

small on Anomaly

and what is this…

can we cross-breed…or rather…scramble the DNA? :scream:

7 Likes

Quite a difference in size! But re-sizing would make it easily possible to get pets inside your base or freighter.

The Egg Sequencer allows players to remix the genetic material of their growing eggs to produce unique, never-before-seen creatures.

6 Likes

We will need way more than 6 slots, :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Exploring with my new Best Friend :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Now that’s what I call punk!

6 Likes

Can only adopt 2 pets…trying to figure how to open more slots
Dummy me…that was easy :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hah, cool! :heart_eyes_cat:

I had a list of cool animals that I wanted to visit again, but that was so many updates ago, they surely don’t exist anymore…?

5 Likes

The water crabs are adoptable. I have 2 :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Indeed. One of the few rare negatives I had with Origins was that it wiped out the herds of giant “Mr. Happy” striders on my main home planet. Would have loved to have tamed one of 'em:

Oh well, maybe I can genetically engineer something similar to it… :man_scientist:

7 Likes

I have huge, gigantic striders at one of my home bases. I left because of it. They walk very fast and run even faster and cause earthquakes when they pass by. Sometimes scares me.

4 Likes

I went back for a massive hippo I found about a year ago - it is gone along with every other creature that was on the planet; they have been replaced with the burrowing fauna and a bunch of bird types :frowning:

3 Likes

I grabbed up a cyborg horse and a giant mantis with crab claws. I’m still trying to get a handle on the egg sequencing.

Its too bad you can’t have a butterfly as a pet. I have awesome blue glowing ones at my main base. (Think a giant version of the Persona butterfly.)

My biggest question is about the differences and uses of all of the attachments. Besides the torch and the square laser, I haven’t seen what they do.

4 Likes

I have had one of my pets scan for me. Another said it was scouting for lifeforms. I have not really seen any results though.
Ran this egg through the Sequencer…will have the results tomorrow

4 Likes

Sean says we can have any pet we want.
I say I want ten mushrooms and a satellite dish!!
Sean says sure here you go. :-o

It named itself Uoki-Uokinny! I could not have come up with a better name.

When my heat protection ran out it said “very warm” and kinda bowed forward and laid low (maybe expressing exhaustion?). When I edited its appearance it said “new suit thing”!

I have no idea why I chose that one first, I can’t even ride it. :joy:

7 Likes

Ummm…pretty sure you are not supposed to be down here … :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This guy did not shrink when on the Anomaly.

9 Likes