Solutions for HEX data

This thread started before the emails and update on project-wt happened. Now in hindsight I think it’s safe to say that waking titan has moved in a different direction. So most likely you are correct. But regardless, I think it’s safe to park this thread in the garage for now… unless HEXes pop up again later on any of the websites.

So you think the deliberate blank spaces mean nothing? I’m not sure I buy that.

1 Like

They’re not intentionally blank. I know when I entered my answer it highlighted my hexcode answer and the “pixel” it unlocked in cyan. That mechanic isn’t unique to me. It happened to everyone that entered a code. You can’t ignore the unknown variable in this puzzle. Going into this, there is no way Hello Games or anyone else on the planet could know how many people would participate in this. What you’re suggesting here is that we got 100% participation. We got exactly the precise number of participants to unlock everything except a few squares that were “intentionally left blank” as a “side quest” by Hello Games.

They likely had redundant codes; multiple people assigned to the same square to make sure it got to 100%. But there were definitely unique squares that were left blank on purpose.

1 Like

This may be off topic but im having problems wit the vigenere cipher. can someone tell me what i’m suppose to input for all of them, I got the atlas one but im having trouble figuring out what next to do. I work at a summer camp so I just got on and dont get a lot of time to look this stuff up, Thanks!

@Winters You may want to have a look in this thread:
https://forums.etarc.org/t/new-email-and-new-development-on-project-wt/1620

Disagree. There were 1024 codes listed and 1024 “squares” to unlock. All the codes have been entered.
Also the ones that were still missing before the codes list was complete did not have a number show up when you left your mouse cursor over it. The remaining 19 do. So they were deliberately left “blank”. Now whether or not there’s any use for that is another question. Probably not.

The data from the website is here, if anyone would like to play around with it, if anyone hasn’t extracted and we decide we need them in the future.
Tab separated values

Indeed, even before full completion, it was quite obvious which ones would be filled with a picture piece and which ones would remain black.

Now did they only remain black to display the “16”, didn’t we finished all possible puzzles but they had to move on (we know we didn’t do 100% of Phase1), will it be used later? … questions … questions.

With all the time I spent with my Hex editor and the data, I sure hope it’s not just to display “16”! Kept me busy either way (even though my ship didn’t fly that day!).

Has anyone verified the list with bits shown? Possibly the number for the blank square is important?

Guys, these hex codes are nothing more than codes we made using the discs. I don’t believe they are significant.

maybe a repeat reply but, i entered a code and the block did not populate, it is still one of the empty spaces. it highlights in blue but its still empty

yeah some peoples boxes were the blank ones, people think it makes the number 16 if you look at it sideways.

My code was also one that revealed an empty box

I’ll have to concede that there is a possibility to this. I did the same test. It highlighted the hexcode square when I entered in cyan but just like you said, it didn’t reveal a “pixel”. I don’t know why that is. It could because those hexcodes could become a factor in later tests, maybe it’s because they considered it done. I guess the one thing that doesn’t make a lot of sense is how could a “completed” version of the bootsector (no blanks) exist? Could be more than one puzzle. What would be interesting is comparison between unfinished bootsectors. Maybe we’ve been randomly put into groups based on our hex answer. The group that completed all the squares first completed the bootsector, halting further progress on all the other teams and thus providing us with the completed version.

1 Like

Very well could be the blanks are supposed to exist, as blanks, for some reason yet unknown. So even though people put in the codes for those spaces, it populated with a blank image for said unknown reason.

I do know that some people tried to enter codes showing behind those blanks, but it was found that the code behind them is not necessarily the code for them as the code that shows for the blank changes if you resize the image.

If they ever decide to give us a space-chart of sorts, pointing to a certain point within the “Mercury process”, would we be able to recognize it?

Without any sorts of markers, hints or directions, no way.

1 Like

A proper, usable, navigation system, is one of the most obvious things that was missing on release.

Modders have proven that it can be done. It’s not some intrinsic problem within the game preventing it. The fact that it’s not there indicates that the Developers either didn’t have time to implement it, or, for some bizarre reason, they thought the game shouldn’t have it.

I really hope to see a functional navigation system in 1.3.

2 Likes

No, I don’t even think we have 1% of euclid charted, on either platform.

Now they could be clever about it and give us the name of a sector in euclis that people are familiar with. Hell they could just say “Pilgrim Star” and everyone would know where to go.

If they’re going to give us a map, it is doable, but it would have to be from or near explored space, a sector in or near one of the hubs etc, otherwise its like looking for a needle in a haystack wihtin a haystack within a haystack ad nauseam.

Would be cool if it happened :slight_smile:

1 Like