Screenshots 🖼

Found the roots of a tree above in the cave below. Would like to see more of this kind of thing.

9 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

My new rag-tag fleet:

8 Likes

I think the Normandy isn’t exactly to scale…

4 Likes

I am currently playing ME Legendary Edition. The Normandy is not really a very big ship. Running around on some of the frigates, they seem to be very close in size.

2 Likes

I had to look this up. There are different sizes listed around the net putting the SR1 between 125m and 170m. Reportedly it was 155m in game but the designer says that it is 125m. For contrast the SpaceX Starship is listed between 110m and 120m when sitting on the booster. (The part we’ve seen lately is 50m.)

For fun, but a bit off topic, there is a Youtube video by MetaBallStudios that shows a size comparison of many fictional starships. They have the SR1 in there (at ~130m) and the Alpha Vector at ~7.5m (must assume that the characters in the game are similar in size to us). There are a lot of other Mass Effects ships in the list that are much bigger.

2 Likes

I know. What I mean is, it seems too large in comparison to the other frigates. Those things are frickin’ huge…

4 Likes

Image from the source file model below, with dimension (L*W) being about 416m*170m. Not sure the model is further scaled in-game, but usually models are 1:1 used in-game.

6 Likes

I need to get another copy of the PC version of NMS. (I gave my original copy to my grandson back in 2016.) There seems to be a lot of ‘out of game’ advantages of having access to the game files.

I don’t have any info one way or the other, but 125 meters is ~410 feet so it depends on what unit the artist thinks in when they built this model.

2 Likes

you can access the game files on any PC install (steam, GoG, windows store), you don’t need the DVD…

4 Likes

:slight_smile: I’m on PS4, they make it harder to get to the files. I use my desktop (Linux) for my programming career, the games and their stores seem to suck the life out of the machine. I originally bought the game for the PC to get the Alpha Vector model for my desk, and the other copy for the PS4 to get the artwork etc.

4 Likes

Pretty sure they use metric measurements where 1m = 1u in-game.

Windows Store uses encryption, so you should avoid MS Game Pass if you want access to the game files

4 Likes

I didn’t know that. Microsoft are still quietly pursuing their dreams of world domination. When they gave away Windows 10 for free, I wondered what the catch was. Now it’s becoming clear.

4 Likes

They’re Brits, God knows what they’re using… :rofl:

6 Likes

Tell me about it. School in the 1950s was a nightmare.

12 inches = 1 foot
3 feet = 1 yard
22 yards = 1 chain
10 chains = 1 furlong
8 furlongs = 1 mile
3 miles = 1 league

Except, if you were measuring land, you had to factor in links, rods, poles and perches as well.

And don’t even think about units of weight. We had five or six totally different, mutually incompatible systems, depending on what you were measuring.

Faced with all that, the study of history looked very attractive.

8 Likes

In Land Title Abstracting you also have to factor in “wagon wheel in the prairie” and many other anomalous measurement markers like “the lightening struck tree”. :rofl: Over the years reading metes and bounds property descriptions has been a true source of humor.

6 Likes

18 Likes

:open_mouth: so pretty…

4 Likes

Finally, I achieved level 10 on Extreme Survival

14 Likes