Screenshots v1.5-1.77

Posted this on twitter and the NMSCafe Amino Hub, but left the files on the PC I had made it on so had to get them again before posting here. lol. So many places to share!

Here’s a little bit of fan-fiction lore for those who enjoy that. Felt it was necessary to utilize screenshots to ground the lore a bit. Enjoy!

Playing with the idea of making several of these and placing them in a physical book to sell. We’ll see. I may not get much profit from it (not that it would be an issue - I love making these) so it might be a made-to-order kind of thing. Also working on a new NMS Photobook! So many wonderful things I’ve seen already!

17 Likes

Afternoon Battlecruiser

Final Approach

Diving

Levitation: Two Parts

Sea Chandelier

Sunrise and Signal Booster

Plasma Surge

Far Horizon

16 Likes

15 Likes

New Colony!

17 Likes

That first one reminds me of the scene at the begining of Pitch Black where the crashed ship left a gouge across the desert for miles to the horizon.

4 Likes

19 Likes

14 Likes

A “Wine Dark” planet in a red star system.

13 Likes

I think it is just the coolest thing to be able to do this without flying off into space, Here are a couple of shots of me standing on the outside of a frigate I landed on. The ones with the outside landing pads. My first time checking out a frigate and got excited .

Standing on my ship on the frigate landing pad looking down at my freighter.
From atop a frigate over my home planet.

15 Likes

It is watching me

17 Likes

@Finnerty I am loving my Frigates. I have 10. Still having bugs but, I am finally able to send them on missions and return successful.
@SingularGleam , looks like the rest of is buried under ground and ready to pop up any second. :scream:

4 Likes

Freighter fleet. My frigates and freighter entering a system for the first time never stops blowing me away. It’s like watching the beginning of the Endor battle in Return of the Jedi, over and over again.

Hmmm… if Hello Games eventually lets multiple freighters enter a system, you could technically act out space battles…

Also this is sort of off topic but I think there’s a new emoji:
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
It doesn’t have an image in the menu yet.

12 Likes

I love finding planets with no atmosphere now. The lower Gravity makes for a fun experience. Below is the height from a single press of the jetpack :slight_smile:

And below is just some fun with perspective.

I was dropping from a very high floating rock, I’m right beside the birds physically.

15 Likes

14 Likes

The Approaching Storm

Just Peachy

Buried in Time

The Cutest Gek I’ve Ever Seen

Someone Somewhere Is Lost

16 Likes

Time to spam my back log of Screenshots!!!

Three Pics above are from when @MacForADay , Saved me by bring me some Fe dust. I would still be swimming back to the CSFD HQ without him.

Rings! :heart_eyes:

Spaces, Love Space, come closer, Lets go to Space!!! Comm station left above Edison after after NEXT dropped.

clouds… :exploding_head: Last one is CSFD new HQ, haven’t broke ground, yet.

18 Likes

Speed Run

The End of the Sun (actually the default name for my ship)

Out for a Spin

Flappy Bird

16 Likes

Shrooms at midnight.

Perspective.

14 Likes

Surely you could have gotten some out of the ocean? I’d totally see how you’d be screwed if your thrusters were empty and you didn’t have any hydrogen, but there should be plenty of ferrite in the ocean…

1 Like

Nope, I looked around for a good hour. I wasn’t upgraded enough to stay under to long. It was two days into Next. That bugged me too, I thought that there should be some Fe Dust and there probably was, I was just to green to find it. Anywho, I decided to reach out to friends. As I was waiting, I thought of dismantling tech, the scanner would have had enough dust to make the fuel. :roll_eyes:

Someday I think I may go back to the island, if I can find it or one similar, and see.

6 Likes