Screenshots v1.5-1.77

I believe this is a bug, have encountered it myself, they remain motionless until approached and then they scurry round like a whirlwind as if they were fish. Believe its a bug, at first I thought maybe insects that hadn’t loaded in yet.

2 Likes

I was just checking my screenshots and this was just a F12, the freezing effect makes it look more like a painting

11 Likes

I wish there was a way to get the environmental effects that appear on your GUI to stay during photomode, since the cloud level slider does nothing anymore it would be a good replacement.

Environmental GUI effects transparency slider, 0-100% allowing control of the severity of the graphical overlay.

3 Likes

That would be a really nice option

2 Likes

Since launch, I’ve loved taking photos just as the camera zooms out on an observatory building etc. In the past I’ve tried piecing them together to make one big map.

I’ve thought about making a thread for cartography photos like this but not sure if there’s much warrant for such a thing.

With the ability to claim a base anywhere and catch a snap as it claims the area, in practice we could make huge maps of our surrounding area by stitching them together. The only thing in our way is the new cloud system blocking the terrain.

Thought I’d share my most recent example as I was taking damage from environment when doing this and it made it look like a very old map.

14 Likes

14 Likes

Landed in a system full of Gek with actual human-like eyes…it was rather strange

They tried to entice me with a pink hauler…it did not work.

Spent the rest of my day’s journey following this dried up riverbed.

17 Likes

Walkies

“Awww… Who’s a good boy?”

14 Likes

Lunar eclipse from the moon…

13 Likes

Haunted Emeril Planet :scream:

Plus a few more.

17 Likes

Those dried river beds look like natural formed exocraft race tracks . I thought of putting a beacon down and following the one i found to see if it would make a circuit

5 Likes

That one seemed to meander forever. It did at times, almost create a loop. I will have to check out the caves that run under it. Would be awesome to dip in and out of those.

4 Likes

The cacti look much better now.

17 Likes

Someone should mod in a pooper scooper and a roll of the little doggie do bags…:rofl:

5 Likes

Another close call

Angelfish

Island Memorial

Finally found a planet with Cadmium

15 Likes

13 Likes

“Hello. Roadside Assist…How can we help you?”

11 Likes

I set out on a Squiding Expedition… Scarier than you think…

Quickly found myself surrounded by more than just sharks

As I decended lower into that dark ABYSS, music emitted from the waves

Ferocious tentacles extended with poisoned slime

Waited till it was nearly upon me, to fire a round into the sweet-spot

There will be supper tonight, I haven’t eaten in weeks, was my only hope

Some eat 'em. Others fly 'em. Or be eaten… In the deepest depths of the deep dark sea!

Click for Source Details

Starships 🚀 - #49 by Crimsontine (post 49)
Starships 🚀 - #62 by Crimsontine (post 62)

Squid :squid: expedition was 49-62 - Enjoy!

14 Likes

The little red dots I’ve found circling and difficult to scan, turn out to be medium sized sentinels often on patrol. Though I did have one red dot turn out to be a huge beasty fish thing. It took ages to track and scan because it kept swimming away. It was fun though as there was a bit of a challenge. Eventually got it when it spent a little time in shallow water.

I guess if I had killed it then scanning would be simple… but not much fun in that :slight_smile:

14 Likes

16 Likes