Screenshots v1.5-1.77

No, I don’t have one of those or even closely similar. None of the 11 species I got are predators. Some do attack other creatures though, possibly for their organs?

1 Like

Lately I’ve been reading the stats a bit closer. They might not be called Predators but it seems that they regularly kill the other fauna for food.

8 Likes

I have met several carnivorous species so far, but not a single one of them attacked me yet. Might be an issue with the new AI? I mean, it’s not entirely unrealistic that predators don’t attack humans unless they feel they have to, but it takes something out of the game.

12 Likes

I’ve noticed some nice additions to the predatory creature pool. There are some who like the thrill of the hunt and will never attack you unless provoked, rather they just go for smaller prey. They still count towards predatory creature kills :slight_smile: I saw one with notes stating it was warm towards the Vy’keen or something like that. I could see Vykeen domesticating a creature that likes to hunt :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Geez, Monoliths have sure come a long way since the Big Carved Stone of the early preview videos…
They have VIEWING PLATFORMS upstairs, now?!?
:open_mouth:
:rofl:

PS - just on the topic of “monoliths”, and it now being 2 years on . . .

I once took a SCREENSHOT of the old monolith from the preview video,
and I MS-Paint’ed some TEXT onto it, as a GIFT for the NMS Facebook group I’d joined back then…

I need to find my original file… it doesn’t seem to be on this hard drive… :cry:

Suffice to say, it was an homage to some favourite SciFi - Star Wars being my fave, Star Trek being an American institution, Hitchhiker’s Guide being a British one (but no Dr Who, sorry), and 2001 for being Legendary.
Being brand new – and possibly due to how things “fit” (or not) on the rock – I misspelled “Korvax” _without _ the R. It was, overall, tongue-in-cheek; I’d “hidden” full-stops (periods) as superscripted spots, but I don’t think that was picked up on, given the ultimate coverage . . . I was careful, though, to use micro-text in yellow, to record my Name and the Date (and maybe a message somewhere, I forget now!) in some of the yellow “highlight” visible in a select few letters in the monolith’s “message”.
I had a Google hunt yesterday; I think I’ve got a handful of Bookmarks . . . . .

Anyone here in ETARC also in a Facebook NMS group from waaaaaaay back then?? (There seem to be many more groups, and I seem to have joined a few, and I don’t know how to most easily relocate my original post!)

1 Like

Creatures no longer attack us UNLESS we attack them. Then you better watch out! They will come after you.

1 Like

Check out the Avian thread. Someone found a bird that Hunts Sentinels. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, I find that a bit off. At least in survival mode. It just seems like there’s a perfect element for a bit of emergent gameplay, which the game is still lacking sorely imho, and they just don’t use it. Nothing in this game seems to happen unless you want it to, which I find a bit frustrating.
Like, when on a dead planet, and you find those eggs, you know the creatures have to be somewhere around. But you don’t feel tense, because you know that they won’t bother you in the slightest unless you touch their eggs. Not very xenomorphian of them. When I find xenomorph eggs I want to feel paranoid because they might jump out of a dark corner in a cave at any second…

4 Likes

Well, I got rear ended yesterday and it shook me pretty hard so I have had enough :scream: for a while.
I am actually having a difficult time in NMS because I started new and I can’t seem to find what I need to beef up my boltcaster…or the stuff to make my grenade launcher…:disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

Sympathy! Been there. Hope you don’t have problems from it that last a decade or more. Good luck and hugs!

5 Likes

Me too. My neck was the one thing that did not hurt…it feels stiff but I used heat and then ice and it feels better today…I will give it the weekend then see how I feel on Monday. At least my car damage is being paid for. :+1: I have never been hit before. It wasn’t my fault. :disappointed_relieved: Thanks bunches!

9 Likes

Yeah, that sucks. Hope you won’t get any whiplash!

Oh, I’m having a difficult time finding stuff as well. Which at times gives me a bit motivational issues. I don’t really need that scatter blaster unless I want to use it, so why upgrade it in the first place? I don’t really need better ships guns unless I want to use them, so why upgrade them? etc, etc. Some outside pressure as incentive to get your stuff in order would be nice, at least in survival mode.

4 Likes

The first time always sucks. I’m glad your car wasn’t totaled.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that. It shakes you you for a bit.
Dr Mad-Hatter prescribes a weekend of lazy NMS mixed with gentle exercises to keep your mobility. Maybe a dose of chocolate too. Can’t hurt :grin:

7 Likes

18 Likes

A Tale of Two Travellers, Identical Twins:

They likes me! (Cupboard Love):

The last 30 or so planets had constant severe storms. The worst was a gorgeous world of water, islands and land masses, beautiful beaches, etc. Severe storm for 7 minutes, reprieve five minutes, then storm for another 7 minutes, over and over again! Couldn’t see an inch in front of you.

“Red sky at night…”:

… At least they didn’t call me “Son”!

A familiar sight! (only fifty times larger!):

Oh good! Now I can insult the other races with impunity!:

Primitive tribe of Geks:

My eyes see Unit signs!:

Yeah, well… I did it again anyway… :blush:

15 Likes

Devil’s Tower Wyoming? a close encounter.

2 Likes

glad you ok but still :frowning: hope recovery and return to normality is soon :sunflower:

1 Like

21 Likes