Real Time Pandemic Tracker

6 Likes

From Moderna
ā€œWhile we see durable Phase 3 efficacy through 6 months, we expect neutralizing titers will continue to wane and eventually impact vaccine efficacy,ā€ the company said. ā€œGiven this intersection, we believe dose 3 booster will likely be necessary prior to the winter season.ā€

3 Likes

South Africaā€™s health regulator approved the J&J shot in April, and it is being used in the national vaccine programme alongside Pfizerā€™s.

Gray said the single-shot J&J vaccine offered 91% to 96.2% protection against death, while offering 67% protection against hospitalisation when the Beta coronavirus variant dominates and about 71% protection against hospitalisation when the Delta variant dominates.

ā€œConsistently after receiving the vaccine, there was very little death occurring in the vaccinated group as compared to the control group and showing a remarkable up-to 96.2% protection against death,ā€ Gray said.

ā€œThis was our primary endpoint and we are able to say this vaccine protected health workers against death,ā€ she added.

5 Likes

There Are Only 8 ICU Beds Available in Arkansas As COVID-19 Surges (businessinsider.com)

4 Likes

Yeah. It is scarier this time around. At least last time, people wore the masks. Now, it is as if people have decided they are going to ignore the entire situation. I am so afraid. Schools open in a couple of weeks.

5 Likes

Only 1 ICU bed in AR nowā€¦

5 Likes

The last article I will post on covid origins. As far as I am concerned, this is the answer.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2021-08-17/where-did-covid-come-from-report-on-infected-wuhan-wild-animals-sheds-new-light

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have to give a shout out to UAMS (University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences) They do awesome R&D
THV11.com KTHV: Arkansas researchers find possible cause of long-lasting COVID-19 symptoms.

3 Likes

It says access denied at the moment. Server problems?

1 Like

Posted a different link. Maybe that will help. I sometimes post links from Google News and I think they do not always work

1 Like

Ah, no, that still didnā€™t work. It might be that itā€™s only for people in the local area. Slightly strange thing to do for a news website.

1 Like

Well, itā€™s Arkansas :no_mouth:

Hmmm, so maybe your antvirus blocks it. I notice it appears as unsecuredā€¦strange.

3 Likes

Thanks for the screenshots. All the links to this website found on what-ever-search-engine also do this. I tried http as well. It seems you can setup Apache to block countries.

\\ imagine this with white background and times roman font \\

Access Denied

You donā€™t have permission to access ā€œhttps://blah blah deletedā€ on this server.

1 Like

Just got my J&J boosterā€¦ :sob: I am soooooo tired of all of thisā€¦but, at least I am still alive.

8 Likes

Is that 2 or 3 shots in total? Iā€™ve had 2, the thought of a 3rd doesnā€™t thrill me at all.

3 Likes

Just a 2nd. J&J was supposed to be just 1 but they decided 2 is better.
A 3rd of Moderna is recommended only for over 65 or at high risk.
My understanding is that even without a booster, your Tcells will still protect you from severe covid. The booster is to make you less likely to get covid at all.

3 Likes

I got the AZ one, my second dose was about 6 weeks ago. I think I remember it was getting touted that a third night be needed. It seems like the information changes like the weather.

3 Likes

Iā€™m waiting on the call to get my third. Canā€™t come soon enough for my liking.

I donā€™t like injections. Silly, I know. Big tough ex-firefighter and all, but Iā€™ve always been a bit phobic about them. But I have to say, the first two I didnā€™t even feel. Bring it on.

5 Likes

I have seen info stating that a booster may be needed every 6 mos HOWEVER, there are several research projects that are looking good. One is looking at people who seem to have a natural immunity to covid. Apparently, if you have been exposed to enough coronaviruses, your body knows enough to fight it off so quickly, rapid tests come back negative because your immunity has already suppressed them. This is leading to the idea of moving away from vaccines targeting the spikes and would instead, target the actual proteins . It looks promising. I am not a doctor but, I predict vaccines will have to change. This new approach would not be set back by new variants. They will work it out.

5 Likes