Real Time Pandemic Tracker

I am so happy for you and your aunt! My age group is eligible but only if there is a high risk threat. I do not have anything like that so I am still waiting…

4 Likes

Thanks and I hope you are able to get a vaccine soon! Stay safe.

3 Likes

CNET: Gaming firm Razer green-lights high-tech N95 face mask, says report.

2 Likes

12 Monkeys is a really good movie.

Frank had a microchip placed into his head cause he liked whiskey so much.
Make your own conclusions.

2 Likes

Someone needs to explain to these guys. You don’t need a mask while gaming on your PC. Computer viruses are NOT the same thing.

10 Likes

I had the same thought. OTOH, add VR goggles and left and right mini-LEDs for nighttime gaming and maybe you got something!
:smiley:

3 Likes

Reuters: T cells induced by COVID-19 infection respond to new virus variants: U.S. study.

5 Likes

Oh sure, you folks get to play a new big NNS update while I’m out getting jabbed with my first vaccine dose… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Well, as long as you go home with both of your arms still attached you will be fairing better than my ship. :sob:

9 Likes

Grab a tissue :smiley:

4 Likes

First come, first served J&J next Friday…guess I will get in line. I am so ready to stop worrying… :sob:

Edit: in line…waiting… :grimacing: :crazy_face: :mask: :sob: yeah…

Just got jabbed…waiting again…
Home… :sweat_smile: now to see if I have a strong immune response. Since I think I had covid about a year ago, will be interesting to see what happens. Signed onto a CDC app that tracks how you feel for a week. Happy to add to the data pool.

Edit: so I had a slight headache all afternoon and into the night. Slight nasal congestion as I fell asleep. A huge storm woke me at midnight and first thing I noticed, my arm was really hurting. Then I realized the stuffiness was much worse and I could tell I was slightly feverish. 100.5 F.
Now it is 2.30am. Headache is subsiding. Pain in arm is a bit better. Fever holding steady.
Human guinea pig will continue report later. Must try to sleep.
EDIT: Fever and congestion have passed at 6.30 am. Pain in arm greatly reduced
EDIT: Shot was Friday morning. It is now Sunday morning. Felt a bit sluggish all day Saturday but slept 7 straight hours Saturday night. Feeling really good on Sunday morning. Arm is still a bit sore but I feel great!
:grinning:
My son gets Moderna on Monday…will track his journey.

9 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idINL4N2MC1Z8

3 Likes
2 Likes

Us Belgians, we are a weird kind :wink:

3 Likes

I got my first jab yesterday afternoon.

I am extremely phobic around the medical profession due to highly concentrated trauma as a child.

In NY state the volunteers were wonderful! Caring, compassionate. Bless them all. And bless my sweet husband who held my hand the whole time. He was just wonderful, taking care of the paper work, interacting with the staff, and keeping close. He git his second jab over two weeks ago with only mild symptoms,

Apparently drinking lots of water before and after the jab is extremely helpful. I had hardly any arm pain, just a slight light-headedness and have been physically tired a lot today. But I think it is pretty good so far. And the brain fog seems to be lifting somewhat.

Good for you @sheralmyst ! Glad you got it done, too. As someone said above: It feels good to feel able to hope again!

So glad that all my fellow travellers are staying safe!

7 Likes

I had my second shot two days ago (Pfeizer). I genuinely didn’t feel the needle going in - it was over before I knew it had happened. Yesterday my arm was slightly sore, but not enough to prevent normal activities.

I haven’t noticed any other side effects, so I can go back to raising my children. Of course, they are only tadpoles at the moment, but they still look like me. I’m sure they will grow into healthy young frogs. :grinning: :grinning:

7 Likes

I recently read an article about indoor ventilation systems and how it is now time for a change. The movement is gaining steam. This article explains why. Very interesting.
WIRED: The 60-Year-Old Scientific Screwup That Helped Covid Kill.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing that Wired artical!

Much praise to those who persevered in the face of dogmatic egos.

2 Likes

The Associated Press: Social media heavyweights wooed for Pfizer smear campaign.

3 Likes

The New York Times: Immunity to the Coronavirus May Persist for Years, Scientists Find.

2 Likes