Real Time Pandemic Tracker

:cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:With Masks We Protect Others-With Vaccines We Protect Ourselves :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

Stay safe

6 Likes

Thank you for the link.

Ecologically speaking, we (as a species) are due for a widespread population reducing illness. Let us hope our technology and countermeasures can continue to keep these sorts of things at bay.

2 Likes

For some reason, I suddenly had a craving for pan fried dumplings and Beef Lo Mein. Sorry, I already ate the dumplings.

4 Likes

There wasn’t any bat in it. Honestly…

Well, maybe just a little bit of bat…

3 Likes

…just for flavour :rofl:

2 Likes

For clarification…

3 Likes

Interesting. The original attribution of coronavirus to an origin in bats came from the Chinese Institute of Sciences, Shanghai. This is racist… er… how?

4 Likes

Well, the article does touch on a truth. For most of my life I felt Chinese food was made in dirty restaurants. There’s A Cat in the Kettle at the Peking Moon…which is not really true. The restaurant I ate lunch at today is spottless. Leaps and bounds above the 2 local McDonald’s, which I refuse to eat at.
Sure, people in other places eat things I can’t stand to look at. But, that is part of the reason the UN thinks we should all eat insects…

However, eating any animal from the wild is inherently dangerous. That is how this virus, and others, got started in the first place.
Heck, I live in the South and refuse to eat deer or squirrel. Have you ever seen how many ticks and fleas are on those critters? Disgusting! :laughing:

3 Likes

4 Likes

:rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

There’s a quarantine (unconfirmed) in Lawrence, Kansas, right near where I live. Scary.

4 Likes

There is one being tested here in Arkansas as well…waiting for results.
I will point out what healthcare workers are saying. Certainly it is a concern however, we should be far more concerned about the flu.

3 Likes

We only have one quarantine area for the whole country (so far). It’s at Arrowe Park, about 10 miles from where I live.

Fortunately, a fair bit of that 10 miles is the river.

But yes, a bit worrying.

2 Likes

92 cases under investigation in the US…
Now, let’s start answering the big questions :smile:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Amazing…yet scary
Coronavirus: First patients transferred to new Wu…: Coronavirus: First patients transferred to new Wuhan hospital - YouTube
Coronavirus: Time-lapse of Huoshenshan hospital b…: Coronavirus: Time-lapse of Huoshenshan hospital built in 10 days - YouTube

3 Likes

This may explain the bat connection

The real deal.

Unlike almost any other news source, you can trust the BBC.

4 Likes

It is interesting where people will go for information.

2 Likes

The deadly coronavirus, that took more than 1000 lives in China, will be called with a different name from now. The World Health Organization (WHO) officially names it a Covid-19.

Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the Director-General of WHO, revealed the official name of Coronavirus as Covid-2019, which reads C-Corona, V - Virus, D - Disease 2019, at Geneva.

2 Likes