Phase 3 day 2

Really does suck being stuck at work during these events. Can only yell from the sidelines, if that.

2 Likes

Sequoia - Livermoor
Trinity - Las Alamos
Titan - Oakridge

Tianhe-2 - Ghuangzou
Tianhe-1 - Tianjin
Sunway TaihuLight - Wuxi
K computer - Kobe

9 Likes

Thanks for coming in clutch!

Have we even determined if Mr. Noodles is a hamster or a gerbil?

Yes, well spotted, by Cray Inc.

Top 20 Supercomputers, source wiki:

1 Like

One of my favorite flourishes by the puppeteers must be our little mystery’s ongoing soundtrack. Sets the mood so well.

One of the PDF’s specifically says “hamster”.

2 Likes

Ah, I see why I was thinking Jaguar:

Jaguar = Loop15 I guess … lol

Errrr so my project-wt page keeps glitching. Going from a few supercomputer sites to literally hundreds… Whats everyone else seeing?

7 locations only, make sure to hit number 4

Food for thought. Pleione married the Titan Atlas, and gave birth to the Pleiades. The Pleiades are also known as The Seven Sisters.

The Seven Sisters are the 7 supercomputers Emily is currently calibrating onto? Is Emily… Pleione?

2 Likes

Yeah i have number 4 hit. Its strange but its stopped doing it now, it looked like… You know in planet of the apes how it showed the virus spreading? Like that!

Do we know about how long it’s been taking loop16 to take over each supercomputer? It just started Oak Ridge, and according to the bar it’s 1/6 of the way done (or probably, between 0% and 17% of the way done).

Unless I am very mistaken, the glyph we just unlocked was a dinosaur icon (dinosaurs are now extinct).

The password needed to unlock it was “supercomputer” (something that could potentially make us extinct).

Coupled with the memo from Myriad saying their cloud servers are melting, this is all very… concerning. BTW, the Myriad site is still down, with the message “ERROR --6r0w1n6–” (read: GROWING)

It would appear that loop16 is rapidly consuming all of the Earth’s computational power- this is why stage 4 of the calibration is showing supercomputers slowing being consumed.

FUN!

3 Likes

Oak Ridge has fallen!

edit- Twitch stream no longer says dream on the main monitor

Voted B fairly quickly… no question

2 Likes

Well, time to drop an EMP before it’s too late then :neutral_face:

What’s anyone going to do with theoretical dollars, anyway!?

2 Likes

Strap your tinfoil hats on… 4.5 hours until the announcement?

1 Like

Oh boy, I’ll sharpen my hoe and prep my potatoes!

1 Like