Phase 3 - "B" Box Reveal

“flush” and “Leighton” commands are still existing so yes, maybe a counter attack where we’ll have the choice to follow or not.

1 Like

Is the big August anouncement simply yes to portals and a yes to new ship(s)?
Perhaps the actual update will not come until the end of the WT experience…?

@Mad-Hatter Good question. Portals in the game would only make sense if there also is a mechanic for them that fits overall goals imo, so I would expect more than just the portals themselves. Exciting for sure!

Depends, now that she has more consciousness, she might not have a clear self image anymore, and therefore could be unsure how to present herself.

@kerdorin most welcome, I’ll happily write out stuff like that if it makes the content more accessible to others. And thanks to @signynt for posting the vid link, that made it a lot easier to write a proper transcript. ^^

1 Like

It would make sense to me that none of this would function in game til,the update…maybe they will overlap?

FYI: there is an interesting round table conversation right now at Twitch

So the ARG started with the word “PORTAL” (on the tapes) and ended with an image of a Portal. HG doesn’t give away much do they?

1 Like

There’s still all those music YOutube links that leave me puzzling. That METAR sequence and stuff.
ponders happily
I’m sure after a whole year there’s something special to be revealed and not just a spaceship and some nice little highlighted glyphs :slight_smile: And if not well I love the mystery they’ve created for the NMS universe.

I don’t think the ARG is over yet. Emily’s said goodbye, but there are still glyphs to solve.

I think the METAR was just proof that Emily can predict the future, along with the NASDAQ values.

1 Like

Well portals deffinately not doing anything yet, just checked…just to be sure

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this. :heart:

Can’t use a portal without a console. Can’t use a console without knowing the language/ code it requires.

1 Like

16 in a loop … HEX … input for coordinates?

Other sites still depicting the same “all systems functional”. She’s still out there. I wonder if we’ll be seeing Emily again in some form in 1.3 in the simulation or maybe around here. If we get a nearly omnipotent AI as our community mod that’s be sweeet. :smile:

I… Feel… Incomplete…
:diamonds:?

3 Likes

@DevilinPixy Yes I’m going to quote myself, these threads are long and hard to follow…

I therefore think/believe that the portals will be for something more than just teleportation (where glyphs would be used for coordinates), some other sort of temporal or spatial travelling. I’m actually more so curious about the gameplay mechanic that will surround the portals overall, and how the new/more detailed lore will be manifested through use of portals…

2 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if 1.3 is going to be more about figuring out how to open them rather than starting with us walking through. I think this may be a test to prime us for the puzzle of opening portals.

4 Likes

updated OP with all pertinent information. Tell me if you feel like I missed anything. Thank you for that input storm :slight_smile:

:diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds::diamonds:

I think using glyphs makes sense in a game like NMS. Having them represent hex code would make it easier to remember as this is already being used. Using numbers for that matter would not work as well IF it is to represent hex codes. I am however just speculating and I may be totally wrong. We know nothing about the mechanics involved with the portals and what the portals will do or where they will take us. I am therefor just as curious as everyone else to find out.

Edit: And thanks for quoting yourself, as I indeed missed it.

3 Likes