Weekend Events

Since a new set of weekend missions should be starting up soon, here is a place to discuss it, ask for assistance or share your experiences!

3 Likes

I’m curious if they will follow the same pattern.

2 Likes

All NPC’s have returned!

1 Like

Is a new weekend mission up yet? Currently working so i cant check. I figured that there wouldnt be since HG mentioned that they would have a pause on occation.

Annnd as I write this I noticed that HG posted a development update today. Not a whole lot of new info but the biggest piece(esides that “support Ariadne” sentence) was this part:

New means of earning quicksilver? I wonder what that could be.

2 Likes

No weekend mission yet and no new Quicksilver missions yet.

3 Likes

From the Dev update above, it seems there will not be another weekend mission, at least for now.
Earlier today, I spied some new items open in the QS shop but when I checked just now, they were gone.
Here is the pic if any want to look.

Summary

4 Likes

Hope they come back. I think that they’re the three that I’m missing.

4 Likes

From the Beyond Development Update 11, May 29th, 2020:

So we are currently in a pause. Last time, I believe, it was only one weekend that was skipped(or maybe 2? Cant be more than two. But feeling pretty sure it was 1.)

4 Likes

I renamed this thread. Was having a hard time finding it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I miss doing these weekend missions. Has there been any recent news of their return?

2 Likes

No news… :weary:

2 Likes

Its unfortunate that we still haven’t heard anything. Even though we have gotten great updates, the weekly mission activity seemed to give the game more continued discussion.

There is definitely something to be said for leaving threads to generate speculation.

4 Likes

My guess is that HG is focused on working on getting NMS right for newer consoles and for the more powerful hardware before it continues. I mean, it makes sense to wait a bit to start the new weekend events for everyone at the same time rather than in the middle of a time where various people are just swapping consoles and playing the new launch games. Many might miss several weekend missions.

Edit: to add to that, its not uncommon for developers to push out updates or new games when its too close to other major game launches and updates.

2 Likes

So I am going to guess that, in light of recent events, and due to the fact that we were already experiencing griefers, it may be a while before weekend events resume… :frowning_face:

7 Likes

The HG team, I believe, went on vacation. So that could halt some work on the game for a bit. On top of that, they had to deal with running the game on new hardware/software plus the time set aside for the game awards. So my guess is that by now they are back on track with developing new content for the game again and we could see new content, or at least a dev update, this month or next month.

But that’s just a guess.

3 Likes

During the last weekend event, I remember everything being stuck at an extreme tilt, and there was a derelict freighter beside the waypoint… I immediately thought Troll, but then we got an update soon after adding the steepest slopes since.

7 Likes

Weekend events have resumed
They are now randomly generated and have no connection to the cliffhanger we were left with. I was given the ‘help a stranded traveller’ mission. Gained 1200QS for the job.

8 Likes

Do you still have to find the three knowledge stones?

6 Likes

No.
Anomoly transports you.
Much easier. Simple mission this time.

6 Likes

Weekend mission of finding bones was just like the normal daily one?

2 Likes